Bentonite b80
Salts and phosphates

3 Likes

Cbd > thc
Reflux inheptane for 4 hours ???
And then what it isomerizes ??
You sure ??

1 Like

I think magnesium oxide lowers decarb temp? I’ll have to scan through some old threads.
I’m still of the opinion that making a shiny 85-90% crude with some LLE is gonna work well. Especially in a high CBD material you can just keep it as CBD-a then not worry about crystalization in the cart.

2 Likes

Cbd a will crystallize in high enough amounts. Making delta 10 which is barely psycho active will inhibit crystal growth through lower potency. If you can get 10k a liter and its 55% cbd then you’re winning

3 Likes

Ah, maybe even a 60% polished CBD crude might be preferable.

I was thinking a low temp decarb might be pretty key for high thc carts without bothering to distill

And yea MgO lowers decarb temps, I’m talking about spiking your ph with it when you distill

2 Likes

Ah totally. I guess I’m completely off topic now that I think about it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

you need a zinc catalyst and molecular sieves too.

4 Likes

I saw citric acid in the bf mentioned as a way to isomerize CBD to D8 with little to no isomerization to D9. Has anyone been able to confirm this? I heard tricks like AC in the flask tend to convert some of the CBD to D9 as well.

2 Likes

What size sieve? 4A?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure t41 is citric acid activated, maybe that’s why it makes just d8 and no d9

2 Likes

I think t41 is sulfuric acid activated? I’m glad someone else mentioned t41 not leaving any d9 in the product though. Not the best d8 conversion catalyst considering all the d10 that it produces as well, but at least it seems to leave non-detectable CBD and D9.

3 Likes

ok so let me get this straight, someone please correct me if wrong. To remediate thc from distillate all id need to do is crash out the cbd from the distillate, process that into isolate, reflux the mother liquor with t41, distill off (or filter!?!) the mother liquor then add back the isolate until i reach 55% CBD. Then I will have thc free crystal resistant distillate? I’m not asking for someone to spell it out for me if i’m wrong, just tell me if I need to keep digging :wink:

4 Likes

If t41 indeed isomerizes thc and cbd
You are on the right track
I sugest you try it
A quiet expensive dilutant thou but yes
The shitty question is what has that 45% in your crystelizing free cbd become ?
O well start with the isomerization and move on from there👍

1 Like

that is a question I wonder. I’m guessing based off the lab analysis of our current (purchased) t free is the result of a similar process, but im not sure. The sample has a large detected quantity of CBC

1 Like

That CBC is actually D10 I guarantee it also T 41 and a flask will make delta nine and delta eight all of the CBD will be consumed

3 Likes

Maybe we should ask our wizards
What do cannabinoids break down to once isomerized to unknowns ?
@richpel @anon93688 @QGA @Photon_noir @Krative @ScoobyDoobie @Rastan @onemadalchemist

Damn this place startlooking like middle earth with all these wizards among us :joy:

3 Likes

CBC being delta 10 was what i had understood as well. My analytical chemistry knowledge is worse than my distillation knowledge but from what i understand the peaks are the same, causing the false CBC readings, but the retention time is longer for d10?

Can I be the dumb orc?

Sure thing !:joy::joy::joy:
I got to go and find the ring now

4 Likes