distillate test results: 12.3% cannabinoids???

So you saying it’s possible the material itself is carrying a catalyst? This is assuming it is actually D8?

I’m sending to a lab that tests for d8.

Sounds like, but is not limited to, a lab using GCFID. Often the results via GCFID do not differentiate between D9 & THCA if they are not accounting for it. IF they also do not have a standard for D8 then that would account for the loss as well.

If this is your material and you know you performed everything correctly it would be wildly suspicious to have such a low TAC, unless you had a large D8 conversion and the lab didnt account for it…

that high amount of cbn shows degradation / isomerization

ive been down this road many times. Usually is mainly d8 and a bit of d10

2 Likes

Dry ice acidity can lead to isomerization
To unknowns
Outdoor has more often azulene than indoor
Sulfur isomerizes often a portion to
D10

2 Likes

At least D8/10 is more valuable than “unknown” lol

2 Likes

Wow thank you all for all the replies.

@anon56994712 , when you say you’ve been down this road, what did you find out? Was it input material related or your process?

I’m distilling first pass at like 215-220 mantel, 198-204 head temp vac is like 1000micron.
second pass like 200-204 head temp 196-202 vac is 250 micron.
i use two 5 liters. one for first and one for second.
all my runs seem to distill the same, never have any issues. color, smell, taste, all good.

i know the first is pass is a little hot… but that much conversion from just that?

Ive purchased a lot of distillate and run into this situation where distillate fucks you up but tests like 10%

its still good the tests just dont look good. And yes d8 is a different high and not as potent as delta 9

I would say its around 60% as potent and the high is more dreamy and clear with mega munchies. Where with delta 9 you get that more fucked up mentally incapacitated (traditional) high.

**to be clear I am mainly talking about my personal experience with edibles

3 Likes

Guarantee theres d10 in there if its sulphur treated material

Explains the high cbn conversion

4 Likes

250 micron is pretty high, its debated but 100micron or so is the average upper limit of THC distllation vacuum in many circles. However, even given the vac level thats still a highly suspicious TAC. Sounds like positive analysis operator error, but I would still work on getting your vac depth on point regardless.

1 Like

My lab was getting results like this on seemingly moderate distillate, they insisted it was shitty product until I had them test a cart from a legal shop and it came back exactly 1/3 the advertised results. I had them check their standards and it turns out that was the problem!

5 Likes

Do you always ingest the same way? I’m typically a joint smoker. But when I up consumption a bit with something that hits me harder (dab, edible, possibly new powerful strain I haven’t built tolerance up to yet) the long lost munchies can come back.

That’s an excellent description of the difference Tom.

2 Likes

A lot of folks don’t understand the vast amount of places for error in chemical analysis, theoretically a labs ISO accreditation should give you a sort of “guarantee” that those labs take the best precautions to avoid said errors. However, it is not IMO at all out of line to ask a lab to recheck their results and or question their calibration/maintenance if instruments and related chemicals.

1 Like

My lab makes mistakes like once a week, but they’re cheap and fast, plus if I see that something is up they let me work with them to make things right.

Once my THC in some hemp crude was twice as high as normal, while the CBD was as expected. Turns out they had a multiplier of 2 on their THC standard lol

1 Like

Results from different lab. Looks like whatever caused conversion (sulfur, filter media, or heat) turned it into CBL?? Also note the 5% THCA…

Any thoughts? Anyone have experience with CBL?

3 Likes

No but Now i am very curious of the sop that lead to this
Brand of powders used ?
Type of solvent and are sieves used to regenerate solvent ??

2 Likes

Ive never seen CBL on a test

maybe @AlexSiegel has input?

edit didn’t you say it gets you high?

2 Likes

Take ni more than 8mg/kg :joy:

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maybe you can dilute with CBD or something to get that THC value down then you can sell it online at 100/g exclusive rare CBL with the 8mg/kg caveat

3 Likes

The material is outdoor and sulfur treated. Too much sulfur to the point it can’t be smoked without a foul taste.
I used new solvent from carbon chem (denatured with heptane).
dry ice, bucket tek, panda spinner.
Winterized, filtered.
T5+activated alumina over celite
rotovaped at 60c (i know i know)’
degassed at 105c for a hour with some whipping
then distilled 3 times in 5liter shortpath

distilled third time because the mason jar it was stored in broke and got glass in it

2 Likes