Disposable Vape Pens Burning in Bulk Packaging

I am wondering if anyone has run into this issue buying disposable pens, and found a burning smell coming from some of the bulk packages while in storage. We have had this happen a few times, and the culprit has always been an empty pen that was drawing for some reason. Has anyone else seen this, and possibly come up with a solution to prevent this?

1 Like

is the battery autodraw(button free)? if yes probably the auto draw sensor is too sensitive,you may ask your vendor the configure.

if it’s button activated,are those pens packed too tight in the box?

3 Likes

It is an autodraw. Thank you, that gives me something to go off of. Its sporadic, maybe 1-2 pens per 10000. If it was the sensor being too sensitive, would that be consistent across the board? I am sure they have a certain failure rate that they have deemed acceptable.

0.01 % failure rate is acceptable. To my understanding some mfg would test the pen after it’s assembled,while some not. And it’s difficult to test each individual pen , you can neither inhale it (by machine,the machine is usually used for nicotine vape test) nor filling test oil to check if it works properly. Inhale test (by machine )would probably burn the ceramic coil since there is no liquid in the cartridge, while filling test oil would somehow contaminate the ceramic coil .

1 Like

We have had some burn so long that it turned the glass of the oil reservoir brown. Do manufactures do any sort of test to ensure the vape cannot reach a point of ignition even if it does fail? I appreciate your feed back, I am just trying to wrap my head around if our fire concern is valid.

In this case , it’s the issue of the battery and pcb board

This sounds like a bad lithium-ion fire waiting to happen.

5 Likes

Yet another reason to not carry disposables

16 Likes

Shit happens with the disposable nic vapes all the time. Asking for QC out of these companies is a bit too much

fire in fire out…

9 Likes

For auto draw vape pen, kindly ask your vendor to add short circuit on the pcb board.

Some mfg use garbage cell ,they call it grade B cell , which has no quality warranty and not safe for neither use nor storage, nor shipment.

There are more issues on nic vape pens , they are usually assembled in much shorter lead time. Some has zero quality check , or just check if it produce clouds

1 Like

Would you mind elaborating on this? I was going to add disposables to my lineup… why not?

You know of any end users recycling thier batteries?

3 Likes

I do when I pick them up off the ground out of our parking lot.

waste is the big issue

1 Like

there is a part named mic in the pen that control the battey. for the bad quality mic, the pen will autodraw , you will see the warehouse flash and flash at night. lol.
0.01% failure rate , i think it is ok. at least that means you have a good supplier with high quality raw materia.

if just burn smell, its microphones problem not battery, if battery burn, you will get a fire or “bomb”… disposable pens always required a very strict quality controlled assemble. do you like try some AlphaGreen disposables? our pens never had this problem and supplying stably for some brands. we also have some new items you might initerested in.

yeap,it is not the problem of the battery, it is not the problem of the pcb. it is the problem of the mic.