Discussion for lvl5 “elders “ category

So it came to thought while I was overlooking the discourse of levels we have for the site recently posted that it mentions a level5 or “elders” category.

Discourse link for lvls

Well as you can imagine this got me thinking of those whom are very well responsible for many of the teks we use daily or just the originators of free sourcing & helping others as a respectable collective. I’d like to discuss a level 5 for those whom deserve to be set a part (not above, but to praise) for a final tier to our community, as in every Wolfpack of course :wink::smirk:.

But I’d like to pay homage to these ELDERS

@Beaker

@Graywolf

@Photon_noir

@DrMark

To name a few, if you have any others you feel are deserving of this & reserved in the community, please bring them to light.

I look forward to hearing from everyone about this!

10 Likes

I wont be able to do anything in the way of promotions, and would likely just keep the existing trust level system alone since it really is used to give users more permissions.

I think an Elder group can work independently. For instance, They can have their own category and only Elder group members could start threads or post there, though I would prefer if it all stayed publicly viewable. There can be an Elders subgroup that is invite only from the Elders to participate in their category.

The screenshots here pretty much sum it up.

Badge and title too, obviously. Cool badge submissions welcome.

6 Likes

Badges are default based on FA (font awesome) https://fontawesome.com/

Although there’s some sort of database restriction or something in @sidco realm the dictates which ones are usable here or not

But also @sidco has inserted some custom ones as well

5 Likes

@sidco

can anyone ever answer why no one else can recieve the thca master badge.

in the realm of thca masters I think their are quiet a few of us that deserve the title at least 10-15 users

maybe a vote or qualification?

like can u make things that look like cut diamonds…or have u mastered every way possible to make em idk

4 Likes

These guys know their value and how much they have contributed. I don’t think they need any atta boys.

12 Likes

if the badge exists why not hand it out

hell I want it also myself!

4 Likes

im sure the topic will be ignored like always

1 Like

Who can grow the biggest stone

3 Likes

sometimes the biggest arent the nicest though

I think the way the badge reads…a jeweler among pebblesmith it should require someone being able to grow cut diamonds not ugly ripple stones

hard cut lines w sharp points very clear

5 Likes

Do we really need badges for all the skills we have.

Some people are multi faceted here. It just clutters it up a bit. How many thca master badges do you give out a year as new members like @TheWillBilly just came threw and dropped a hammer on the forum lately.

I think a wall of fame might be a nicer honor

Most of the regulars here now should be masters of just about every concentrate as I really just came here with a light crystallization education mostly from the thc-a thread @pangea had on icmag and heavy shatter knowledge. Now I really don’t think there is a concentration made with thc I can’t make and good.

If your a regular here and not a master of all. It’s time to step up your game!!

19 Likes

True but if you perform a proper gem over & over can it not grow lattice if adding to the saturation with pure input?

1 Like

El’badgeMaster LvL4 has entered the building all hail #Killa4Prez

5 Likes

Watch out as future stated in the lvl4 thread. I can just change your whole post to read

“Killa is my favorite person on earth”. Lol.

Dred already got me in the dm discussing our new powers. Talking about tea party stuff. Lol. :joy::rofl::rofl:.

I know future. I’m not changing posts. I’m just fucking with him

12 Likes

:sweat_smile::thinking: I feel like the power is strong with this one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

You’d think one might take that as a hint

12 Likes

Ruh -Roh

4 Likes

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

I mean I’ve only asked for declarative answer about thirty-leven hundred times…(only 5x by the search bars.answer but feels like 1000x)

still to this day know one really knows

if we dont wanna give it out the okkkkk I get it

but I never have really gotten an answer

and im really just yanking ur leg , I’m still.curious

3 Likes

As to why we don’t make random badges for unquantifiable things?

7 Likes

@Killa12345 sir prezzzzy can you edit title to / bagdes oriented please good sir prezzy

1 Like

what is this and who made it then bc damn them

its like putting candy in front kid and just walking off

I’m gonna eat it!!

4 Likes