Did I make “diamonds”?

When I make my sauce, I noticed the crystallization forms in the shape of a disc at the bottom of my jar. It eventually takes up the entire bottom. They look like big diamonds within the disc. But is this how the diamonds should form? Or will this ultimately lead to a sugar

9 Likes

U indeed made Diamonds

1 Like

Dem look like some stones to me :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

grow slower, recrystalize, and use big seeds

4 Likes

I’m confused because these grew at 65f for a month or so. What are you suggesting? I’m sorry for the confusion

1 Like

Looks great…Good Job!

3 Likes

start messing around with recrystalizations, its much easier to control solutions of higher purity

1 Like

Is this not a product of recrystallization?

looks like a product of crystallization, do it again in new solvent. ideally dewaxed

1 Like

100%. Fewer compounds present the better they will grow and cleaner.

2 Likes

1 Like

10 days in did I do it right and how much longer should it go

as long as you want, you got to keep it sealed longer to allow the pressure to build and release slowly allowing the crystalline structures to grow try letting it go longer and you will get more structures to grow it is important that the solvent is left some in and purged slowly over time the jars are great at automatically regulating, lol

I followed @Killa12345 's advice and doubled up on lids, kept from bulging the top too much helped push gas out the seal instead of bulge or explode, double lids FTW but what how and when you tighten them hard to know without doing enough for experience. speaking of… time to blast and jar some more myself … :drooling_face:

1 Like

the what how and when comes naturally once you have a few runs under your belt. I don’t even think about it now since I can visually tell when it’s at the right level based on the viscosity.

The thing that made the biggest difference for me is running more material. I first started this using a closed column, 6x1.5 and 12x1.5 depending on amount of material. I now run a CLS with an 18x1.5 column which usually gets me a nice inch or so of solution in the jars. My smaller runs wouldn’t even make enough to cover the entire bottom of the jar, it would pool on the sides and the growth never got as big as it does now.

3 Likes

Thanks bud great input! I forgot to say something around those lines, I went too small on my first test, it was barely enough…

1 Like