Delta Separations CUP

That’s a steep price drop from others for sure. Hope he can get his production to keep up with his demand.

You can pair this machine with one of our filter presses to make a complete inline system with Pinnacle’s Rising film evaporator. The filter will prevent small particles making it through to the evaporator which hinders performance.

1 Like

Thanks for keeping the group informed future!

I’ll be here posting now so any questions feel free to let me know.

Our material dryer is different than how a delta machine is built.

The delta is used in more than one aspect regarding processing. Their machine is amazing quality and it shows.

Our material dryer is a bit more basic while still retaining UL Listing and having quality components.

• Zach
5 Likes

What is the diameter of the basket? Also how much does the thing weigh and how much material can it spin. What are the recovery rates and time?

1 Like

If you use the reply arrow directly under the post you are referring to, it will pop up in that users notifications. Or use @PinnacleStainless to tag them

1 Like

I’m also waiting to hear back re: pricing. I found a used one on ebay for 12k https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXPLOSION-PROOF-CENTRIFUGE-STAINLESS-NORTH-STAR-ENGINEERED-PRODUCTS-MODEL-755-/222894276306

After learning where NSEP are targeting their explosion proof models (spinning jet fuel/oil spills out of absorbent pads), I’m not so sure I’d want to deal with a used model.

Given that Bock was in the laundry business, I was assuming removal of drycleaning solvents eg carbon-tetrachloride or more modern equivalents (not really much better).

I’ve called and emailed NSEP, they’re a little slow on their response…wonder if they’ve had a dozen calls in the last 24hrs just in response to this thread?

Edit: see above or Washing Machine "Salad Spinner" tek - #70 by cyclopath for ballpark pricing on the NSEP 55 series.

1 Like

Good call. Any insight on this one?

sounds like the right thing.

“Centrifugal Extractor”, made by “Humbolt”… :slight_smile:

but it looks way too small for solvent recovery or actual extraction to me.

based on the other items listed on that page, it doesn’t appear they are targeting our industry.

Agreed. It does appear that 3M have a Delipid format that will fit the Scott Laboratories filter unit that Delta packages with the CUP.

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/421619O/delipid-lipids-removal-depth-filter.pdf

seems like a reasonable thing to try. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Igitation- the spray wash nozzle was quickly removed. doesn’t seem to work with the supplied mesh bags. We were also told the spray wash would be better for nug runs. We are doing trim for crude for distillate.
Solvent about -40C to start, but by the time we get to the second wash it has warmed to about -10C

THANKS!

Sounds pretty close to where I was on my trial run.
I’m working on solid method to avoid that warm-up.

The spray nozzle requires open topped bags, which are available, but not shipped by default (apparently).

1 Like

Have you tried cycling it through a heat exchanger before reintroducing into next material soak? Alternately, a little dry ice in the CUP itself.

1 Like

I’ve identified the first heat exchanger I want to try…and it’s on-site somewhere. :wink:

Actually locating it and getting it plumbed into an appropriate chiller have not yet been accomplished.

Dropping dry-ice directly into the solvent had occurred to me, but it’s not a standard ingredient in any of our current activities, so there wasn’t any lying around when doing the initial test runs. I’d rather not add it to our SOP if I can avoid it.

My 100gal recovery still came with a dephlegmator that is not necessary when using it for bulk solvent recovery, once the chiller for the still is set up, the depheg can plumbed into the cooling circuit, and used to keep the current working solvent at -25C. Or I might plumb it for liq N2 so I can use the lower temp solvent for Ethanol based shatters.

-40C for initial testing was obtained by dropping a keg full of solvent in a low temp freezer. I couldn’t immediately come up with acceptable plumbing to route back to the freezer with parts on hand. I might have tried harder if it seemed like a long term solution.

Using a 15-20gal jacketed vessel for the looped solvent is another option.

1 Like

That centrifuge is a beast and the price is right. How would you recommend washing before the spin dry? Thinking I’ll need a floor crane, some big mesh bags, and a large reactor of some sort

With the CUP, the extraction takes place in the centrifuge. There is an agitation cycle, or you can spray solvent while spinning.

The spray mod on the NSEP is trivial (per their engineer: spigot in the lid), but the agitate mod may be a little trickier. or not. depending on the drive system. speed control should be built in. reverse may or may not be easily retrofitted. Closing the drain is also easy to add if it’s not already part of the package.

NSEP has a rotor lifting crane & removable baskets that they can sell you.

I got a cup gen 1.1 for sale. 3 months of use. Anyone interested? I’m in Sacramento

15gallons

Just put a deposit for one of their CUP units so I’m still about 10 weeks out…

Was wondering, what kind of returns are you getting off your trim runs?

Is there anything relevant to share about why you’re selling?

ie anything to warn potential adopters. is the concept wrong? or poorly implemented?

not asking you to shoot yourself in the foot here, just looking for feedback on the process if the process is why you’re selling.

Or give it rave reviews if you can…

I too am needing to purchase a compliant system for this new, wild world of quasi legality. I’m probably going to go with the cup2.0 since it basically offers a turn key solution but i would much rather have a few 10bbl jacketed conical fermenters and one of the large western states centrifuges that top loads and bottom dumps… It’s a few hundred thousand more but a whole lot more throughput capability…

Any feedback or advise from current owner/operators would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like