Delta-8 WFE Parameters

I’ve been doing the pTsOH reaction and when I put the finished reaction in the Short Path it looks great and pulls over very nicely. The problem is, it’s a bit slow. I was wondering if anyone has sent it through a WFE (I have the HVE WFE) and could help me out with parameters to set the WFE. My main concern is that the D8 is so viscous I’m afraid it’ll break the blades or be a nightmare to clean up after. Has anyone run into this/could give me some insight.

Would appreciate any/all help!
Thanks

2 Likes

How viscous is it when you get it to 125C?

3 Likes

I just ran some D8 in my wiper for the first time and it was kind of a bitch to clean up because it was stupid sticky. I tried to play with the parameters but I could only get blood red to condense. When we run it on the short path we can get it bright yellow/gold. I have only been playing with it for about a week though so I still have a lot to learn.

3 Likes

Set your hopper/inlet temp to 120C. This will keep the viscosity at a point where it is “flexible”.
Set your Evap to 155 - 175C depending on yield and color desires, as well as what vacuum depth you can achieve.
Now for the secret… think hot condenser tech. If your condenser is below 120C, you won’t see what you want to see. From here, it is up to you to experiment to find the sweet spot for your machine’s capacities.
As for cleaning, once you have finished your run and removed your collection flasks full of goodies, turn your temps up on hopper, evap, & condenser by +20C. This will get the last bits of oil off your walls and into collection flasks. If you smell or see smoke, you’re too hot.
Now… DM me and I’ll send you my Venmo for consultation fees :grin:

9 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you sir. Are you also using the PTSA for your reaction?
Also just did a large conversion last week however after a degas pass in the wiper. Our D8 came out yellow/orange instead of the normal blood red on the first pass. I believe we did not allow the reaction to take place long enough.

We did indeed use PTSA for the reaction. I don’t have my lab notebook but I think we did 1.5% by weight to CBD. I let the reaction run for approximately 16hrs and never let it get above 30C. We were able to get it water clear distillate off the SPD with no additives. I have not put anymore into the wiper for that reason. Sorry for the lack of information brotha.

1 Like