D8/D9 from Degraded CBD in simulated gastric fluid

Super interesting write up about CBD degradation to d8 and d9. Tested against simulated gastric fluid and sodium dodecyl sulfate it seems to yield high amounts of d8 and d9 in a short amount of time.

Excerpt:

In SGF, CBD degraded ∼85% after 60 min and greater than 98% at 120 min (Table 5). The Δ9-THC:Δ8-THC ratio ranged from ∼1.25:1 to 1.5:1 over the course of the study period. CBD degradation and THC formation were very rapid (Fig. 7), and CBD consumption demonstrated first-order kinetics, with a rate constant of -0.031 min−1 ( R 2=0.9933). Formation of THC isomers followed biphasic kinetics in which THC levels plateaued as CBD was consumed

2 Likes

Doesn’t show us anything we don’t already know about isomerzation, also doesn’t occur in vivo

1 Like

For sure . It’s just an interesting take on the process. There are so many different acids and other chemicals and a lot of the information is vague. This is some of the more detailed writeups I’ve seen.

edit
Also wasn’t interested in in-vivo conditions. More just about the way it was isomerized.

3 Likes

isomerzation by replacing barf with citric acid as @Ruwan suggested?

@densone – nice work! This chart seems useful…

Thanks!

So i think the barf is pretty much nacl, Hcl. Trying to get a list of the ingredients from the manufacturer.

1 Like

If all SGF is the same then here is a discussion on formulation of such

https://www.researchgate.net/post/How_can_I_prepare_the_simulated_gastric_fluid_SGF_and_simulated_intestinal_fluid_SIF_in_vitro

1 Like

I’ve seen there are 2 kinds. One with pepsin and one without. We’d want without.

This looks like a good description here other than the ph would have to be changed.

1 Like

what are you referring to barf??

Time of degradation.

1 Like