D10 possibly? Only showing in one of 6 flavors

Made 6 flavors of mixed distillate for cats a couple days back using some distillate that had been distilled twice and had to go back to mantle a 3rd time to remove some heads that weren’t adequately seperated…

Between first and second distillation, a series of brine washes at high and low pH were performed as well as not so confident attempt at using t41 for color remediation, where tithe clay was not removed by filtration through diatomaceous earth but instead attempted through magsil due to my misunderstanding of the SOP. This resulted in the need to run a second magic colon as the first had to be recovered with vacuum to forgoe the clogging the t41 caused…

The 3rd trip in boiling flask was to fix swirls present in the 2nd pass distillate that I had assumed were excess heads…

So I now have a swirl free, visually appealing distillate that I was ready to add flavor to…which I did!

Made up 6 digmfferent flavors by adding 9:1 raw distillate to terpenes in seperate beakers using an all glass/stainless steel syringe to measure distillate…

On the 6th flavor I used the tare weight of the beaker to see how much distillate was left, and was able to just add my 6th flavor worth of terpenes right to the beaker…

All 5 flavors mixed seperate look fine still however the 6th, which happens to be orange creme flavored has started forming spherical crystal blooms…like mentioned …other 5 are still clear, but I am nervous about them blooming

Sorry for the word vomit…

2 Likes

I guess my question is…distillate should be homogenous no? The 5 other flavors were made from the same distillate the beaker for number 6 was, so I do t see why they wouldn’t have whatever is blooming in them as well…

1 Like

All the other flavored beakers look like the one on the left, which was the last beaker to be mixed outside the main beaker of raw distillate that bloomed even with 10% terpenes

1 Like

What kind of disty is it? Is it D9, D8, CBD? It looks like CBD crashing out to me. Have you had it tested? What do the test say? It could be fats falling out, which would coincide with the “hazy streaks” you were experience before warming it up a 3rd time. Which didn’t get rid of the fats, it just caused them to get warm and meld back into the solution. Finally getting to the last beaker where the fats concentrated, and with the terps acting as a catalyst to cause the fats to crash out. That’s about as close to a rational explanation as I can come up with. I’ve seen people post the same exact thing before, and that was our final conclusion. (Basically what I posted)

2 Likes

Since this was the beaker of leftovers I’d guess that it had some filter media or something in it that may have been encrusted on the insides and accumulated into the very last batch as you poured the rest from the top. D10 would be a very random guess to make without analytics so my guess is it’s more likely a contaminant that collected until the tail end of the batch

3 Likes

Hey hey, can’t imagine e it’s fats as I winterize twice and see ne t to nothing in the filter the second time, but could be wrong…

This was a large distillation ran from multiple batches that were all said to be d9…no cbd or hemp

Waiting on tests to come back, but after a deep dive I’m thinking it may be d10 isonerization due to a catalyst, possibly t5, making it into boiling flask :man_facepalming:

I’m usually a two pass and done type of routine, but client wanted lighter color and was worried about pesticides so magsil column was ran more or less succesfully…

Only tests will tell…they should be done mid week I’m hoping…I’ll post…

In the mean time it seems like either that mystery compound remained in the bottom of the flask as it was stirring , or that particular terpene blend, the terpene stores orange creme, had a reaction with the distillate that the other 5 didn’t?

I never hit the reply button :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like

It’s just not D10 lol that’s very wishful thinking.

1 Like

Cbc it was :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

IIRC CBC and D10 can be mixed up on test results

1 Like

It is likely not truly CBC since CBC is the opposite of a crystallizing compound. Maybe you did make d10

If you need a second opinion let me know.

7 Likes

I’m curious to learn more about it…but it’s not any material I’m pursuing doing much more with as opposed to replacing it for the folks that got it under the guise that’s it should be mostly d9…

I’d be more curious about what was done to cause it…

Trying to get a free moment tonight to sit down and write out an overview of process to see if any red flags stick out to anyone

2 Likes

Any educated guesses on what the other 16/17% give or take is if it’s 83/84% total cannabinoids??

Just non cannabinoid “cannabis oil” at that point? Or something I’m missing?

2 Likes

Ask them for a chromatogram.

2 Likes

Getting one tomorrow…could’ve swirn they tagged them into the online readout but I may have missed it…going to inquire about the cbc, d10 peak for sure :metal:

1 Like

I’ll send a copy your way once I have it good sir :metal:

Is the oil runny at room temperature? 50 percent CBC would flow back and forth like a thick syrup. 70-80% CBC you can pour like a liquid.

D10 seemed unrealistic originally but I’d lean towards that more than CBC. Having handled CBC plenty I think you’d know if that’s what you made just by looking at it. D10 I’ve never seen but I know others have mentioned labs misidentifying D10 as CBC and vice versa. Of course, there are hundreds of other obscure cannabinoids that you could have made so I think a second lab like KCA would be good to compare with. I realize you have no intentions to recreate this reaction but converted CBC goes for about 10k a liter right now so it might be worth shelling out a few bucks for another cannabinoid panel.

I have no idea what’s going on with the weird cloudiness in there… can’t tell if that’s moisture or crystallization or some type of contaminant. I can at least say CBC doesn’t do that normally but that could be a result of the other mystery 16%. Needless to say I’m always curious to see the outcome on these types of things.

2 Likes

For sure appreciate your input and keeping it a conversation lol…the oil did have a lower viscosity before I went back to “remediate” what I thought was excess heads at the time, but the product of that process acted like high d9 u til it started blooming in carts :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

My buddy said he gets $500 cbc liters…so there’s a bit of a discrepancy gap…I wish I was more of a sales shark, but I fell into production mode back when distillate used to “sell itself” so I’m a bit stale to what the market is really like unfortunately…

As of right now I’m trying to get as much back as I can to maybe refine further depending on what more testing shows

I don’t think it’s physically possible to produce a liter of safe-to-consume CBC for $500 and still make payroll lol. Even citral/olivetol condensation would be low yield and too much cleanup. Then starting with a cannabinoid just wouldn’t even add up at that price

3 Likes

Here are a the 3 readouts…doesn’t look like they have standardized d10 just yet unless I am misinterpreting they’re list readout…

Would love if anyone sees anything wild to discuss it further…I haven’t really read into one of these too much but I’m a quick learner and curious hahaha

Happy hashing yall04409@25.pdf|attachment (34.2 KB) 04407_CBC_DISTILLATE.pdf (34.7 KB) 04407@25.pdf (34.9 KB) 04409.pdf (34.7 KB) 04408.pdf (35.5 KB) 04408@25.pdf (35.1 KB) 04409@25.pdf (34.2 KB)