cryo cold, propane mix, fresh trim, still black. is it the machined trim?

whats the proper baking temp and time for b80?

Read the indofab crc thread

i have been. its like 8000+ posts lol

1 Like

You’re in the right track then bro!

1 Like

yeah I always use it now. I grow my own and extract for personal use so none of it ever leaves my hands. My runs came out good before and had medium amber color to yellows, but since using B80 it cleans my extract up to where its such a smoother dab. For that reason I won’t run without it now. Before I would have residue build up on my banger after a few days even with wiping out after each dab. Now with my B80 runs I wipe and nothing ever builds up. I’ve run 20g through the banger without cleaning it and it’s clear as it was new. I barely ever cough anymore too.

The pic in my avatar is my first diamond run, no powders used at all. This is one of my recent runs with B80. You can see the color is definitely lighter but not 100% clear. Post Your THCA Pics/Vids - #329 by clouds

Yeah, you’ll run the same as you normally do. The main thing with B80 is the contact time. You can’t just shoot through it really fast or you will see minimal results. The key to B80 is running through it slow and steady. I barely crack my main valve to let it drain. It comes through as a trickle. When I ran faster it didn’t work as well.

There are some threads on that around here, you should be able to locate them in the search. I just throw mine in the microwave for like 5 mins on high, then let it cool under vac and load into the column. Lately I haven’t even been letting it cool, just microwave it, load it into the column. I didn’t notice a difference but I’m also doing this on a pretty small scale.

2 Likes

once you get to the end of that massive CRC thread, you’ll see W1 is out now and has been given a lot of thumbs up from the community here. You can run way faster than with B80, and it’s been said to be reusable to an extent, so if speed is a concern for you, I’d suggest looking into it too https://www.gochemtek.com/shop/w1

It’s not as cheap as B80 but has some benefits that B80 doesn’t provide.

All the other powders I can’t speak to as I have no experience with them.

1 Like

shits 10x the cost of b80. wouldnt make sense for me unless i was running a lot more material. good to know tho.

do you guys use a press to pack your crc???

yeah its not as cheap by far, but the fact that you can use it multiple times may make up for that. I don’t have any experience with it yet to say either way, but a lot of the top extractors on here are saying very good things about it.

Some do, I don’t personally. I just dump the powder in the column, tap it a few times with a wrench to settle it, and then use the felt filters to sandwich the powder in there. I’ll press it with the felt slightly so everything fits in the tube, but I don’t use any form of assisted pressure.

You won’t get good results if the flow channels through or around the powders. You want it to be stable in there, so how you secure things with the papers are key to it working as effectively as it can or not.

Since I use a 1.5" x 6" spool, I can fit the felt and powder in there without any extra room. I’ll use regular tri clamp mesh gaskets to keep the felt held in the spool and that works really well for me. I tried it once without the felt on top (only under the powders) and the pressure fluctuation inside the system caused some serious channeling.

2 Likes

I bake 230-250°f overnight

2 Likes

This just came to my mind.

Years back, the go-to known issue for a black extract was from NEEM oil that was folair sprayed in flower. This got extracted with all the cannanaboids.

3 Likes

thank you for that

good to know. i dont believe they were using neem tho. pretty conscious farmers

Cryo cold is -238 F or -150 C. Would highly doubt anyone is running hydrocarbons at true cryogenic temps., considering butane freezes at -216 F

1 Like

I think cryo in the extraction community refers to anything near - 80 as cryo.

But yes, you are absolutely correct.

Edit: not sure c or f because I found it pointless for me. I say cold as fuck.

5 Likes

I’m aware. We use the term cryo here loosely. Next time I’ll explain it with “” so as to not confuse you.

2 Likes

yeah i may be misusing that term. we are several degrees f below 0

1 Like

What the point of using the term if it’s used so loosely? Seems like there are people who use the term cryo for anything below 0. Some people use it for -80. All I am saying is that you might as well just say cold.

Same amount of letters. Also starts with C. Not misleading. People that use cryo to describe things that aren’t cryo make me want to cryo.

2 Likes

There’s a big difference in extraction quality if it’s at 0 or -80c. So just saying cold doesn’t exactly get the point across. I get what you’re saying, but you’re being intentionally nit picky about something that everyone else clearly understood.

Extract at -80c and it shouldn’t be dark. Extract at 0c and it could very well be dark as fuck.

We use the term because 95% of the people on here are using dry ice and not liquid nitrogen

3 Likes

It also can be from whatever they used to lubricate or clean the blades, we saw alot of that yrs ago feom people using different oils to lubricate the twisters

5 Likes

Some do :roll_eyes:
Nothing special to report about thou😢
But I will keep on searching in the realm of cryo
If I could yust find the sweet spot for freezing the butane sloooowly

1 Like