Crude BHO winterization

I made some crude BHO in my CLS, didn’t end up dewaxing the final run as I ran out of DI. I’m looking to do a secondary solvent wash to dewax / winterize. I only have access to 99.7% ISO at the moment and being located in Canada makes it even harder to get anything else, would this work instead of EtoH?

Also after freezing all the fats out for 48hr in the secondary solvent, when its time to filter, I’m going to be using my buchner funnel, whats the best way to filter out the fats and clean up the product a bit? Should I do a Carbon scrub, then pull through some filter powders?
What types of filters / powders should I use for this process.

Thanks in advance guys !

1 Like

If you’re just looking to dewax, all you need is a washed celite bed over the paper filter.

Make sure the funnel is cold as well, or the fats will melt back in.

Also, everyone is gonna say don’t use iso.

Is there anything I can use thats better than ISO? EtoH isnt easy to get for a decent price in Canada.

Anything else would probably be just as expensive I think, and much less safer to handle.

How cold was your solvent when things were running? If things were cold enough, you could have a decent enough product as is.

I was only running the solvent at around -5 at that point, since it was my last run and was running out of DI. Material column / dewax column didn’t have any DI in sleeve either so I’m sure it picked up quite a bit. It was filtered though my 10 micron filter plate though along with 3 other filters.

How about redisolving in butane and placing it inside the blasting tube with some ss scrubies and a filter
Placing the whole tube in the freezer for 48 and blast it treu

1 Like

Curious how you made out