Crc randomly coming out orange and crackling when dabbed

All you need is your paper on your disc with a ring holding it down. 1/2-1" of DE or celite followed by your T5 with silica on top. Keep it simple and you shouldn’t habe any problems getting that clear clear.

6 Likes

Simplifying is definitely the way to start trouble shooting and build back up if needed.

1 Like

The filters are not ripping and there’s no residue on the bottom 2 filters.

Ya I’m switching to eth today. Cleaning out my solvent tank because I think it’s been building in there.

If it’s got iso residue in the extract is there a way to get it out?

That looks like carotenoids…are you running different material now? Every strain has diff amounts of chlorophylls.

2 Likes

Are you running Gelato or and gelato crosses? That was the hardest strain I ran to get it white.

Ya I’ve been changing up my strains, what did you say it looks like? I’ve never heard that word

No gelato. It happened on a gg4 and watermelon zskittles mix. (Not a cross)

Inspect your filter bed for channeling, also each adsorbent should be a uniform color to show proper dispersion.

Pressure is also held in ball valves. If you put anything in the filter and move the valve to vac it down it can poof and displace your powders/papers.

1 Like

does this displacement of powders still happen if you sandwich the powders between filter papers and rings? I’d imagine that would help keep the layer somewhat in the position it was placed?

1 Like

I like to do this. Now on top of my powder stack I add a 2" layer of washed and sieved sand followed by a filter paper held in place with a compression ring and on top of that i place stainless steel ball bearings.

This greatly helps to keep the powders in place while I prewet the column. Slowly prewetting my column has totally solved channeling issues and the ball bearings make this easier to achieve by reducing the velocity of the incoming solvent.

This probably isnt gonna solve your problem OP

1 Like

Best way to avoid this is to flood your CRC column and let your powders settle down before you let the solvent flow thru.

1 Like

that was my plan, I haven’t done a CRC run yet but have almost all of what I need to start experimenting… My plans are to sandwich everything between papers to prevent channeling so we’ll see how it works!

2 Likes

So after a week of doing trial and error I’m coming to the conclusion that I just never smoked poor quality terpens at such a concentrated level. I was able to get the sparkle out and was having the same taste on lower quality material. Once I cleaned the iso out my tank it was clear that crc makes bomb stuff taste bomber, and wack stuff taste worse. And I’m thinking the lack of pressure from when I pull a vac w the crc between everything leads to more cleaning alchohol left in hoses. So w crc using ethanol to clean is a must.

If you running consistent material and you can roughly gauge yield and it tastes bad my quick fix is Add 3-5% terps of my estimated yield right to collection before running. Still shatters up and the terps get evenly distributed before recovery. I’m sure it’s not an efficient use of terps but it works great and no need for another step,solvent or recovery.

1 Like