CRC Maintenance help needed!!

Hi there! I’m new to this forum and closed loop extraction, so I apologize in advance for my inadequate knowledge. I was thrown into a “sink or swim” situation and have been self educating and troubleshooting our system with very little experience. To start, I’m working on a four column iron fist extraction unit. This question is geared more specifically toward the crc column. Put simply, what are proper maintenance SOPs for crc columns? I know how to properly assemble the unit but cleaning is the step that was not passed along to me prior to my now ex boss being terminated. What I gleaned on my first day was that he was soaking the micron screen jackets in ISO, then baking them off in a vac oven at approximately 225°, and then tapping out any remaining debris. Currently we are stuck having issues passing product through our crc and I suspect it’s due to improper maintenance and cleaning.

I hope I have provided adequate information to troubleshoot our issue. If not, I will respond with the appropriate information. I’d also like to say in advance, I truly appreciate your time and help commenting and problem solving I’m sure this very simple issue. Thanks!!!

*side note: pictured is not me. it’s my extremely dirty and now fired ex boss.

image|375x500

cleaning them depends on what they’re clogged with.
is it actually soluble in iso? try acetone or warm etoh to dissolve it.

2 Likes