Conversion of Delta 9 to Delta 8

can thc distillate have >80% Delta 8 and a >80% Delta 9? This guy tells me he learned from a popular person on this forum who shall remain nameless. I know a little, but this just doesn’t sound right. I haven’t seen a lab report yet. I just don’t want to come right and tell him that it doesn’t sound right. I’d rather be a little diplomatic first. Anyway, can someone tell me that this is or is not possible? He said he’s converting it with an acidic catalyst(short-path). If it is 80% Delta 8 then I would assume that D9 could not be >20%.

2 Likes

you are correct. You cannot have over 100%

4 Likes

Yes you can, it’s called 160x extracted and it’s a rare and difficult technique. Your friend is a true Jedi, OP- respect him as a master.

5 Likes

Says he got the sop from this forum. I’m a bit skeptical…

Don’t be so sceptical all the time. Sometimes labs give you results that add up to greater than 100%. It’s called rounding error. In this case the greatest rounding error in the history of the universe, but it could happen. Just not with a competent person who is capable of making something fit for human consumption but hey, that’s just my opinion.

No OP, not possible, but I sure do like it when the best lab in our state comes back with 100.046% cannabinoids. That’s a rounding error, 160+% is a BS error…

1 Like

Not possible
What maybe was meant is that a first pass D9 distillate at 80% D9
80% of that D9 was isomerizes to D8
This would make your second pass
A 20% unknown compound same as in first
64% isomerized D8
A nd 16% D9
Wich is pretty realistic if done without reflux or humidity precautions
On a medium quality first pass

yeah the guy was trying to scam me. As soon as I mentioned it was for wife to treat her pancreatic cancer he started with the D8 stuff. He advertised that he had 100ml of D9 for $600. Everyone in Socal is on the make. Are there no honest people in this world. Who tries to rip off people dying of ca.? Pisses me off. Actually , nobody really wants to talk to you unless you’re getting a liter.

Dear sir
A while back a discoveries was made of a flavonoid present in the Jamaican landrace black swan
Look into it
Second if you wish to treat your wife
You want to use full spectrum crudes
Of thc rich strains and cbd strains
They are more effective in general than distillates

4 Likes

The cannabis industry tends to attract snakes who otherwise won’t Cary on a normal job if thier life depended on it. Also drug addicts. Unfortunately it’s really hard to soft through it.

I would pay $500 to see you work in a kitchen in south florida. I’d pay 250 for the soundtrack I bet that shit would have me rolling

1 Like

I dug ditches and worked on roofs and houses in my youth. I have alot of time in construction

1 Like

I also worked construction and they talk like a quarter of the shit that a kitchen talks. That would be your nirvana, I bet you’d come back every day :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

I have thick skin, and I love to talk shit. When I left high school I became a heavy equipment mechanic for a rental yard. That was the most shit talking job I’ve ever had. And the best. I kiss that job. Paid like shit but was very fun.

1 Like

This is possible. He just has 2l, one is 80% d8 and the other is 80% d9. Mix the two 50/50 and :boom:

2 Likes