Conversion cbd to delta 9

There are likely notably more byproducts (eg iso-thc), but cbt and exo-thc are the only one identified with crms.

Probably but in a very small quantity.

Are you suggesting a hydrogenation /dehydrogenation process with either HHC or CBN as an intermediary ?

Intermediary converts directly to D9.

The whole process is divided in to easy to manage steps:

Acid catalysed conversion > Halogenation > Halogen substitution with double bond flipping and then possibly hydrogenation but didn’t get that far yet.

There is some solvent juggling (acetic acid, DCM, toluene) but everything can be done at room temp and without pyrophorics, organometallics, high pressure or gaseus hydrogen.

My goal is to use fairly safe chemicals and reaction parameters even at a cost of time. I think I could combine last two steps using different solvent that at the same time would work as a catayst for the last step but I’m wainting for a delivery to be able to test it. Starting with ptsa way, one could combine first two steps. But at a cost of possibly more side reactions.

One issue I have is the catalyst for the last step. It’s quite expensive and technically speaking could be used as a recreational drug or a rape pill. I don’t think it’s on any lists yet but apparently it started to be abused and it’s just a matter of time when ordering it in larger quantities could raise some eyebrows.

3 Likes

I suppose so…

I’d also assume it’s pretty hard to commit more than one date rape at a time… But that’s government for yah.

Is it going to require dry sparged conditions?

I prefure gaseous hcl for the d8 making it s the highest yielding route for D8 and

5 Likes

According to chromatograms acetic acid gives the least byproducts but using HCL allows to go straight to halogenation after adding the catalyst when conversion is done but it will not be so clean and I suspect lower yeld.

Ptsa is easy but even at room temp there is some polymerization happening. But the junk can easily be removed by distillation. Also it’s the fastest. 2h @ 110 in toluene gives full conversion.

1 Like

Yeah, water is too acidic and will mess up d8 > d9 conversion.

I thought I could use HFIP as a solvent and catalyst in one but it has a same issue as water and it’s too acidic for last step. Still I want to play with it coz it should be a good way to get CBN and HHC.

4 Likes

I follow this one.

I am new to the channel and am not allowed to send a message yet but I would like to buy your cbd to d9 SOP if possible.

1 Like

i thought hcl in vac or a15 for d9. what you think? can dm

If you claim you did not write this message
This forum has a problem
@sidco @future
On the message board I get the question by @rdmguy44 yet he claims he did not write it
So what’s gooing on ?

1 Like

No, you quoted a msg that wasn’t mine in the dm. which was what I was referring to. Nothing wrong though I think

1 Like

Mix 1 g of CBD isolate with 2 g of zeolite (food grade), it’s enough to make about 15-20 people high.

Put the powder mix in a pouch made out of baking paper. Compress the pouch and close it so there is as little air as possible.
O2 and UV fucks up the reaction and creates side reactions and less D9.
You will get even more D9 if you do the reaction in inert gas(argon, nitrogen, N2O or CO2)

Turn on your oven and heat it to 130C. Put the aluminium pouch in the centre of the oven and heat it for exactly 12 min.
After that take it out and let it cool down. Do not open it until it’s cool down. UV and O2 fucks up the hot THC D9.

150 mg of the powder = one dose, will make you really high, do not take more the first time. You will be surprised of how potent it is.

DO NOT SMOKE IT! Zeolite is like asbestos for the lungs.

Some leeks, onion, couple potatoes, baby you got a stew :stew: goin’

4 Likes

What in the actual fuck did you just suggest? Please anyone reading that DO NOT

2 Likes

Bathtub Tek 2.0

1 Like

Tbh it’s scary what some people actually do without concern.

prob the reason hong kong banned cbd

2 Likes

I could only imagine the things Reddit churns up. I don’t venture there often

Phone won’t view it online & I ain’t downloading that evil :joy:

1 Like

Reddit is an echo chamber that is full on non experts in any subject and field. All emotions.

2 Likes

Pretty much the main reason I don’t participate. I don’t like that it pushes you to the app.

Yepp! A lot of people are doing the zeolite tek right now. It’s spreading like a wild fire.

1 Like