Company that sells hose?

Looking for a company that sells those black hoses I saw some people on this forum using. I want something that I can use for transferring solvent. I’d even be willing to buy stainless braided if I can find them in 1/2" female JIC connections but I’m having trouble.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Swagelok

3 Likes

I think he died his name I think was Dennis, some ranch in Reno last I heard…

9 Likes

@Snook Wrong thread?

Yeah the bunny ranch last I heard… @Snook

It was poor joke

2 Likes

It’s not poor, im tempted to change the title to “where the hose at” :joy::rofl:

10 Likes

It was a good joke :clap:

5 Likes

i was just tooo dumb to catch the connection till you explained it… After, its creative. funny in my book @snook

2 Likes

I was getting black hose from Bhogart… but I don’t see 1/2" now.

I use USALAB for 1/2" braided > STAINLESS STEEL - EXTRACTORS & BREWING - Page 1 - USA Lab

1 Like

They’re called viton hoses, better for higher temps but not really vacuum.
Also carry the fjic hoses in 1/2", but would never recommend those for a shortpath
If you’re still looking:

1 Like

They are the best. I use them every day on all my custom leak detection machines we make. Call James Raxter at Swagelok Northwest. Use their website and search for hoses. Spend time in their hose catalog and talk to James or another Swagelok technical rep.

You can also find generic versions of most hoses and leak proof fittings on McMaster and Grainger. Key words to search are COMPRESSION FITTINGS, VACUUM HOSE FITTINGS and FOOD GRADE HOSES/FITTINGS.

Good luck!

4 Likes

We got em if you need em!

Id certainly like something more flexible for my 1/2" hoses. I seem to have kinked one of my ptfe stainless braided hose…

Link me up brother.

nah, but @Beaker was also a Dennis…so I missed it entirely.

2 Likes

Anyone know if swagelok can / will resize their hoses and add connections? Ive got a lead on a very long length of new swagelok hose @ $3/ft

*I would just phone and ask but its fri after 5, and I read the catalog and didnt see it mentioned, no google results either.

Depends on which branch/franchise/whatever they call distributors. Also how much they like you. I know the can do it, but I don’t think it’s a common service cause they’d rather sell you new hose.

You may find a hydraulic company that can do it for you and they’re usually more reasonable anyways. Any good hydraulic shop that works with Parker stuff probably could work out a solution

2 Likes

Probably to much hassle, there’s a lot of good deals out there for ready to go swagelok hoses.

1 Like

Could be. Call first, spend money later lol

2 Likes

I just saw they have hose insulation too. Thought that was pretty sweet.

2 Likes