Column mass capacity help

Hi there
I know I have seen this but for life of me cannot find it.
I want to confirm that a 3x12 spool can and will hold .5 or mass for extraction. Can anyone provide a link or confirm that .5 will fit into a 3x12 since my intent is to only run .5 at a time. Collection is 6x12 with 3 inch shatter platter

With zero units listed, that ain’t happening…

Folks can get 5lb into a 4”x48” column, and 10lb into a 6”x48”.

The all knowing one will tell you how many cubic in you’re looking at for either of those.

https://www.google.com/search?q=volume+of+a+cylinder

2 Likes

Its more dependent on the material how much you can fit in there. Some material is spongy while some is fine or nuggy. I used to run a 3x36 terp extractor and that was considered a 2lb column. How is the 3in shatter platter attached?

3 Likes

My 3x12 would hold 700g. Pack that column with all your pent of aggression, makes for a great pack and a peaceful packer

9 Likes

Hi there. The platter is attached to the base of a 6x12 with HP TC clamped using PTFE gasket torqued to 50 in lb. yea some material is spongy while others you can get a lot more in

1 Like

That’s is more than I would run but would give me room to add more by packing tighter. Thank You! For all your help

3 Likes

yup, it’ll hold a half pound

3 Likes

You bet!

5 Likes

I can attest… @FicklePickle has a strong colum packing game.

4 Likes

Damn homie i could barely fit 2lbs in 3x36 and i was going hard with the mallet on it

5 Likes

Oh my god! I got the fucking math wrong… im sorry @DevilsBudz. 700g is what I got into a 3x24.
So sorry.

I didn’t realize it until @Waxplug1’s hilarious meme.

I still pack the tube like I’m beating the piss out of someone (again great for pent up aggression) but I ain’t no hulk.

:man_facepalming:t2: talking out my ass over here

4 Likes

3” x 12” will hold 0.5lbs.

5 Likes

1 lb in a 3x24 is a pretty loose pack IME.

A 3x12 should fit up to 3/4 lbs no problem.

2 Likes

Oh hell yea. Gotta get my packing game up to hulk status hahahah