Colorado Extraction System Short Path

Good evening, Sorry for asking a question that has probably has been asked, but i cant seem to find any reviews or videos on Colorado Extraction System Short Path system? Was wondering if anyone has used one here on the site. thanks for your time :slight_smile:

Interesting design. I like the concept of threaded and clamped joints rather than having to worry about grease or sleeves. Not exactly universal for those who’d like to mix and match parts, but it seems like a “why didn’t anyone think of this before” answer to the problem of safely and easily sealing joints for a consistently good vacuum.

1 Like

Looks like Ace Glass thread connections.

4 Likes

I called the guy and and asked him about the setup. Seems very interesting. I did ask if he was using glass threads and he said no that its oring seals. $28,600 for a 5l plug and play setup.

I’ve spent hundreds of hours on their 2 L. Don’t have any real knocks on the performance of the system except that the 4" viton ring attaching the head and boiling flask is very prone to leaking. It is a Well designed system but in my opinion its dramatically over priced for a comparable system from Lab Society or Summit. I believe our turnkey 2L kit was $26,000 and change. We recently purchased the Lab Society 12 L full bore kit with all the bells and whistles for around $30K. If youd like to scope my instagram there are several videos of the CES short-path in action. My IG tag is @wolfeXtracts

2 Likes

correct! Ace designed their shortpath fsho.

Thanks for the info , I will head over to your IG page now.

Just curious, what extra bells and whistles get that price from the LS website list price of $14K to $30K?

Cant seem to get to your IG page to view the vids, says private. also what vac pump came with your setup and what special coldtrap came with it? just seams very odd that they dont show or state the other 2 components…lol

2 poly science -20c to 200c heater/chillers, Welch CRV 16 pro, -112c mechanical cold trap, modular condensing kit(mulitple different condensers for hot/cold or various runs, silvered head, and mulitples on almost every piece of glass.

2 Likes

sorry man I accepted your invite. The welch CRV16 pro is the pump we went with. They’re also working on a stainless steel cold trap adapter that will feature kf25 fittings.

Thanks for all the info. After researching some of the other company’s, I think im gonna pull the trigger on the LS 12L full bore kit with the -80c Mechanical Cold Trap upgrade. Also I like that it comes with a year of the PC software. I will need it since Im not good at writing stuff down…lol

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll really dig the LS gear. Mike and the crew put out quality gear.

The l.s full bore are great. Running a 12L with dual traps. Waiting for the single headed 20L to drop or may go with summits. 6L/hr first pass

So finally got to order a short path today. After the quote from LS 12l $31k I decided to do a little research.

Went to ACE Glass and had them run me a quote for there 12l set up. $9k for glass and glass accessories. 2 polysience chiller/heaters, CRv8 pro pump and a Maxtrap105 cold trap. All for around $23k. Unfortunately after the order was placed they told me 15 to 17 weeks out for the glass :confused: let me know your thoughts on this package.

Hi buddy,
If you have the needs for spd, you could send inquiry to me by dm.
There are 2L-20L spd.
I am manufacturer, and could provide good offer with u .

Let me know if we can help. We blow our own glass so we can offer very competitive pricing and can make any variation on the design you want and with short lead time. Just released a new kit you should check out too

I use a stainless steel cold trap as my second one, i got it from cema. There on iig it elwas 350. Has kf25 fittings an nothing hets past my cold traps. They also have opposing in/out spaces so tou know it has to rouch rhe main cold trap “finger” inside. Best cold trap ive ever had and, and i got a geave yard of them