Color Remediation on Winterized Lipids

Good evening everyone,

Quick question for all of you, is it possible to get really nice looking opaque Lipids from wintereizarion if you were to do a carbon scrub or some other form of color remediation?

I’ve talked with someone who said they did it with a short path, however I currently don’t have access to an SPD unit. I do have access to a wiped film although I’m not sure if that would work.

What do you guys think about this?

Cheers,
-Kyle

Only a part of the fats will distill, but you can distill fat using similar settings to distilling THC on a wfe. Strip it of any lights and polish at a deep vac. I washed fats to a white color then melted in an oven, when they melted they lost the white color. I took that black residue and distilled once to ensure no ethanol remained and then polished it. Comes out liquid and solidifies slowly at RT

1 Like

Dissolve the wax in fresh ethanol and crash it a second time.

7 Likes

Yes I agree with @MagisterChemist
Once you have your fats you can dissolve in an alcohol and do scrubs
With AC bentonite And AA
Filter down to 0.2 um and then freeze to cold crash
And filter out I need to do this several times to get to white/off white fats
The alcohol used for this proces will pickup the lost cannabinoids from the first winterization and give a 3 -5 %
Oil wich is a plus
Al solvent recovery should be done as cold as possible wich will help keeping color

2 Likes

I’ve collected white fats and lipids from winterizing CRC oil from warm butane runs.

4 Likes

For sure you can…I see it in the slabs I winterize for short periods of time as compared to the ones I winterized overnight…the short winterization ones bubble up different when going into vac and put out a soap kind of smell…I can see it in the oil too as compared to ones I winterize for long periods of time…those the solution looks water clear so that I can see the fats all settled at the bottom…those slabs muffin more like a big bubble and dont put out a soapy smell. You can see it in the oil too one will be crystal clear slabs the other a bit more opaque.

4 Likes

Could you elaborate on your process for scrubbing with betonite? Thanks for the response!

White fats. Crc run that was so slow w non jacket material column I guess it was warming up.

So they def are white then

2 Likes

They’ll get pure white if you just recrystallize them once or twice.

2 Likes

Crystallize, fats. I learn something everyday?

wintereizarion

https://future4200.com/uploads/default/original/3X/8/0/80b1b93455c9c6e99d927b0f7dc0319ab95ef407.MP4 https://future4200.com/uploads/default/original/3X/1/4/149f27029e4eb68ade0a4433b31290724f19aadb.MP4

Enjoy

1 Like

DM if youd like

Are you realy implying that you do winterization treu a cartrige carbon filter
:joy:

1 Like

What is the purpose of this? What will be done with these waxes and lipids? Oil lamp? Candles? Fake extracts? I’ve heard of people taking these fats/lipids and adding fake terps and selling it as extract

1 Like

Soap !!! :grin:

3 Likes

Dissolve the fats in hexane and pass through some activated bleaching earth. I got pure white lipids every time and would use them for topical salves.

5 Likes

So that’s why I smell soap coming out the pump

1 Like

Well to make soap basicly have to add caustic soda several recipes on the web

3 Likes

Have you ever checked out the cannabinoid profile of the white lipids afterwards? Thanks for the tip, it is much appreciated.

I haven’t but I know whatever cannabinoids were in your extract will be in your lipids in small amounts. Friends who have tested their lipids have had anywhere from 3-6 percent cannabinoids

2 Likes