coa clarification

ok so this definitely isnt my first coa, but I can’t say I’ve ever seen the top line before. Whats the takeaway here?

The sample was wet before testing but after the moisture loss test the dried sample tested as such?

or was it seperated and the wet sample had these cannabinoid levels?.. i. e it would test hot if dried??

Did u submit a liquid solvent solution?

no they were solid flower samples

1 Like

and let me clarify, this was a coa presented to me in the hopes of selling as smokable hemp flower, which, well either way i dont think is a realistic goal after seeing the coa

lol i know someone here knows this. please shed some light this is one of those extremely crucial moments in life and i cant fuck it up. i suppose I’ll just call the lab tomorrow and ask directly but didnt want to bother them, as I’m sure they’re busy.

idk i guess I’m overthinking it. if the submitted sample lost 70% of its weight after moisture was removed then obviously it was wet when submitted.

extrapolating the adjusted thc % after it is dried puts it above the legal limit. Unless I’m missing something

They likely partitioned your sample and had some tested for moisture via loss on drying

The other part of your sample tested as is (wet) on hplc

right so its the situation i posted just before yours… and that explains why the overall cannabinoid levels are so low as well.

man this is one of those situations where i am not looking forward to being the bearer of bad news… guy has 400 or so lbs, smh

Call the lab Monday they’ll be happy to explain. You shouldn’t have to guess at what it means and any lab doing good work will clarify.

Isnt the legal limit .3% delta9? it looks like like you’re at .209% d9

Even if u add back 13% for the decarbing you have .24% thca

yes but if the flower were dried to the correct moisture content for smoking, the thc level would rise when tested. Moisture content is directly inverse to cannabinoid %, as all these tests are done against weight.

if it lost 70% weight when dried, you can say roughly that the percentages will go up that amount as well… or that’s how I’ve come to understand it

A sample is dried prior to cannabinoid analysis or the results would be inconsistent. This is done with or without heat. Different methods require different preparations.

If they put that it lost 70% of its weight in moisture it is most likely that the results are measured after drying and not before.

Judging by your results it appears they used heat to dry the sample because its pretty heavily decarbed. That ratio of cannabinoids doesnt naturally occurr in the plant and it requires heat and/or time to get it.

The total cannabinoid content looks right but theres almost no THCa and mostly CBD which is decarbed CBDa

Generally speaking with high CBD hemp strains the CBD and THC levels correlate with each other. A good hemp strain will have a 30:1 cbd:thc or even higher.

You want to take it until the THC level is just under .3% because that means youre getting the highest amount of CBD that plant can produce based on its ratio

10.5% cbd, 0.294% thc. So damn close

I see, that makes sense and was the basis of my confusion. Ive heard of the tricks to finesse lab tests so I had assumed that it was tested at what it was sent as.

can you elaborate on that?..

I think he is implying that the 0.294 rounds to 0.3 because the final spec is NMT 0.3 (one significant figure)

1 Like

aha i see.

Perhaps I’m missing something but how do you have flower that only has D9 THC and practically no THCa?

Probably was decarbed during the drying process the lab did.

1 Like