CO2 levels in lab?

Recently switched to using dry ice/acetone for my recovery tank and noticed my co2 meter in a nearby room is off the charts! My CLS is in a very large barn that is not airtight yet the dry is creating extreme levels of co2 even in a closed off room that’s connected. Curious if I’m using too much acetone and it’s causing the dry ice to evaporate quicker? Should I be using mostly dry ice and a little acetone or vice versa? Though the drafty barn would be adequate ventilation. Any insight would be much appreciated!

You should have a slight vacuum on each room where volatiles are involved pumping out to the atmosphere.

This reference suggests that concentrations as high as 35% carbon dioxide are tolerated by mammals but probably not much more.

Install a sensor or buy a monitor from a grow store if the sensor is to expensive. We asked to install an oxygen monitor in our C1D1 container with a light mounted outside. When we run LN2 it displaces the oxygen in the container. With this sensor we know when the oxygen levels are high enough to go in.

3 Likes

Anyone with recommendations for a CO2 monitor that is C1D1 compliant? Seeing them for about $325 from gas detector supply.