CMEP-OL Rebuild

I just got done rebuilding my CMEP and I’m not able to build any pressure after I start it up. The fan runs but there is not suction or exhaust. Any suggestions would be fantastic.

1 Like

Somethings probably not right with the check valves in the cylinder heads. You could take the outlet pipes off the heads and probably determine which one by putting your finger over the outlets and seeing which has less (or none) pressure. Do so without your solvent connected to the inlets, obviously.

Edit: Could also be a major leak if one of the fittings isn’t fully tightened down and/or vibrated loose. Not a bad idea to bust out the soapy water before you tear back into it.

2 Likes

Sorry off topic question kinda. Where did you buy your rebuild parts?

I will answer as soon as I find out.

Was it a full rebuild? Cylinders and heads and everything?

Eco green sells all parts to fix relatively easy if your good with mechanical parts. took me one try to properly rebuild from scratch. There’s a YouTube video that’s not so great but if you have questions mike from eco green industries will help you out.

2 Likes

I’ll give them a shout tomorrow. Thank you.

I opened up the cam box and it’s not rotating the cams more than an eighth or so when i turn the cam shaft.

1 Like

Yes it was.

There’s no cams in a CMEP-OL, just a crankshaft and some spring loaded check valves. Post a pic of what you are referring to and I’ll try and help best I can. Also if you post your location a member here might be able to give you some in person guidance/help, I’m near Denver.

Opened it up and the cylinder head was sheared off! Replaced it and cleaned it up a bit and got it running for a day or two and now she’s making a god awful noise when I start her up. I’ll tear it down again and see what’s up now.

In the mean time, I just got our duel haskels hooked up to a rotary and they are purring nicley together.

1 Like

Sounds like internal chamber damage from the head being broken…

Sounds like bad internal compressor bearings.

1 Like

Hey if you guys need help im pretty good with these pumps. Lets try to keep it on the thread here

1 Like

I wouldnt bother with their PTFE greased bearings. $5 Wheel bearings all day.

1 Like

need a cmep rebuild for one of my clients in OR. Please reach out if anyone can help

1 Like

What can I help you with? I’ve rebuilt ours 4 times now.

There pretty simple to rebuild and you can get the bearings off ebay for around 20$. Theres a few tricks for getting the casing open etc.

2 Likes

Im used to car motors, almost everything is easier.

Yeah its super simple. Im glad we are congregating here. Have him post up some pics and order a rebuild kit if you think hes capable

Yes, this was a full rebuild. Sorry it’s taken so long to get back to you. I’m about to start another one and I will make a video.

2 Likes