Closed loop MK4C HELP!

Hello, I recently purchased a used MK4C closed loop system. I am having some problems running it… any help would be appreciated… constantly low yeilds… top quality product.

What’s your solvent and how much material are you running?

1 Like

define low yield.
what are your expectations?
do you have input potency?
output potency?
have you done the mass balance?

Edit: and as always, a couple or three 1k word substitutes showing us how you’ve got it hooked up wouldn’t hurt.

2 Likes

I have an mk4c system. Bottom feed, a run looks like this for me: clean system, bring up to vac, let sit for 15-20min, submerge in dry-ice, let sit for 20 min to chill, everything is connected properly, check for leaks, pack column, attach column, vac column, ensure dump is closed, vac is closed, liquid line closed, recoverys closed both, once all is closed I open lnput and let 10 pound n-butain in, I open liquid line and the butain usually stayed locked in the column and wont come down for awhile, even while the liquid and dump lines are open. Using 3 pound column. Yeilds under 20 grams, bud runs… freezing material for 48 hours in deep freeze.

are you recovering all of the 10lbs of solvent you’re injecting, or how much are you able to recover? What is your solvent?

Do you have any columns before the collection that are colder than collection? Butane will go where the coldest place is, so you’ll have to make sure your collection pot is colder than the columns for transfer.

as @cyclopath stated, a few pics would really help us understand your system layout

Yes, I’m recovering all the N-butain. colmns always warmer then collection vessel. I will take some pictures and post them later.

Nitrogen assist

2 Likes

Where do you have gauges?

Have you used a “flooded” machine before?

If you’re bottom flooding, the only liquid that comes over the top is that which you push through with more liquid (essentially flood then overflow). Pushing liquid from the bottom with gas is not gonna work.

Dumping requires the valve at the bottom, and you should close the “over flow” at the top of the column and build a pressure differential, between the column and receiver before dumping.

You could also provide the push from the top of your column with either warm gas from your solvent tank or N2.

4 Likes

You mentioned it was a frozen nug run, did you grind or pulverize them? If they’re vac sealed, once they come out of the deep freeze, I’d cut open the bag, fold it, and start smacking the bag with a stick till all the buds are pulverized, quickly pack it into your column and start the run. I’ve noticed diminished yields from running whole nugs. @Shattermatters83

Edit: I’d also do a 5:1 solvent:material ratio at the very least.

1 Like