Custom Built China stainless Dewax Buchner Filter setup comments / suggestions?

Does anyone make an open top dry ice loadable 12" diameter dewaxing spool? I’ve seen up to 8" on bvv site and I’ve seen the enclosed 12" diameter spools with 2 threaded fnpt nozzles but no open top dry ice loadable 12in spools.

1 Like

The idea here is to hopefully piece together a 12in buchner filter with a dewax column on top p

1 Like

You might wanna lid for the top too so you can pressurize it as well?? Mine as well if your looking at $2k Büchner funnels. Lol

Might as well get all the bells and whistles how about a flat bottom Bass as an accessory so it can be converted from tabletop to direct mount on the collection vessel

1 Like

We can make it coustom, we can plasma cut the top off an existing part, or weld a jacket onto a new 12" spool. Pm me if you want work done.
Your other option is a closed jacket and a badass chiller!

5 Likes

thanks for the help sir. right now ive got a member trying to piece together a chinese unit for me. if i hadnt turned my gunsmithing shop (more like garage corner) into a grow op id be able to do this work myself but a china shop seems like the next affordable option for me. ha

Do you guys know if a welded filter spool would be better than a stackable spool setup?

Can anyone describe the mechanics of the filter paper affixing apparatus inherent to these systems? do the inner rings compress inside using the tri clamp pressure or is it just gravity holding the rings down over the filter paper inside these buchner setups?

2 Likes

The rings and plate style drop in with gravity and sit there, same with the sintered stainless filterplate with the viton ring. For a normal filtration either style will work. In a closed loop column pressure swings can lift filterplates if your not carefull.

3 Likes

ok, still looking at getting this behemoth made… latest parts list from a china vendor:

512a33da10e2cc5149fe06e8ba89ff3926ee6336_1_630x500

4 Likes

What Chinese supplier are these pieces from?

I’m looking to build something very similar to your idea.

1 Like

I wish I could have done more to help man. If you don’t have this buttoned down by New Years. I’d be happy to jump back in. Good luck
Your in good hands.

2 Likes

@Killa12345 got me hooked up with one of his people. you might shoot him a PM

Thanks again brother. im hoping i can get the shipping fees to a reasonable amount lol.

1 Like

Don’t take her first shipping quote as a definite price. She is probably quoting the fastest one. Ask her to get a quote threw sf express which is about the cheapest express shipper from China and that area.

Sf express is about 15-20% cheaper on shipping. But can take an extra 3-5 days, which from how you keep saying your “thrifty” this might be the best bet. Any way I can keep this process moving for you. I’d be happy to do so

1 Like

:jealous:

Looks very much like the right tool.

Although that might just be because it reminds me so much of the one I was trying to convince @Photon_noir we should make out of an OSS extractor our client had lying around at the time. :slight_smile:

Putting a dewaxer upstream seems like a great idea. The OSS rig I was looking to cannabilize would have been up for that trick too…had I actually thought of doing it.

3 Likes

you guys see any design flaws or changes i might need to make?

i made it so that i can utilize a detachable dip tube and the buchner portion can convert from table top to direct on top of collection tank use. im not sure if the tincture will suspend above the filter plate until i release the 3" ball valve or if it will seep through the filter plate and collect in the 12x3 reducer.

2 Likes

If this is a decarboxylation system, you need stirring and vacuum or atmospheric equilibrated N2 or argon pressure. Even heat distribution and lack of oxygen are paramount to an optimal decarboxylation process. You may even want to add a loose coil to create more heating surface area, but stirring should suffice. I still want to do this, @cyclopath ! I may just buy the TruSteel decarb unit if the oil bath rotos are too much pita.

1 Like

It is just a buchner I will be decarbing in the rotovap

1 Like

Oh! A pressure filter, like a Nutsche?

Yes sir. Top pressure dewaxing buchner. I may have overly complicated the thing… I fear the 12x3 reducer on the bottom of the buchner will collect with warmer etoh that’s gravity drained passed the filter before it has enough contact with the dewax chamber to coagulate the waxes. Maybe a flat end cap.style reducer here.would.reduce.the volume of seapage tincture.

1 Like

I missed on this one. not quite sure how. clearly states Dewaxer/Buchner. I had decarb unit for some reason.

going with “sleep dep”. doh!

1 Like

Shipping is almost 1k. Think I’m gonna try to just build a tabletop version of this thing similar to the 12" usalabs buchner but with the dewax spool. I can’t see paying 3k for a buchner filter at my level of production lol