Class Action Lawsuit : Raw Garden Alleged Misleading Packaging

@Apothecary36 I’d say typically/generally you are correct. The average custy is sold on hype/gimmicks.

In this (court) case, however, looks like this buyer knows enough to call bullshit.

Probably a former extractor who knows his shit and is not letting them get away with it

2 Likes

Filed with grammatical errors and poor wording (even for legal jargon) is what it should have said. Haha.

Poor use of language aside, I feel like they have a strong case. I can imagine some competitors jumping on the prosecution’s bandwagon for good measure. Doesn’t look good for Raw Garden, and rightfully so.

1 Like

Yes I agree. It’s tough to get a Class Action certified, so he must have a good case against the defendant. They rarely go to trial. I’m pretty sure this one will get settled and quietly go away.

Maybe not an experienced extractor then… just a pissed custy?

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. So far the only witness is the Plaintiff. Doesn’t say he is representing anyone. It’s just him. I’m sure others will get on the train though. No way this goes to trial.
Did you see this from the court?
btw, this is all public info…

FRAUD, COMPLAINT FILED BY PLAINTIFF INDIVIDUALLY AND ON BEHALF OF ALL OTHERS SIMILARLY SITUATED AS TO DEFENDANT CENTRAL COAST AGRICULTURE, LLC DBA RAW GARDEN, A DELAWARE CORPORATION DOES 1 TO 1000 INCLUSIVE NO SUMMONS ISSUED, JUDICIAL COUNCIL CIVIL CASE COVER SHEET FILED CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE SCHEDULED FOR DEC-30-2020 PROOF OF SERVICE DUE ON SEP-28-2020 CASE MANAGEMENT STATEMENT DUE ON DEC-07-2020 COMPLEX LITIGATION ASSIGNMENT REQUESTED BY FILING PARTIES; FEE INCLUDED IN FILING FEE

Red Bull settled because it didn’t actually give people wings. You can be sued for anything these days…

The word refined and the plaintiffs admission in the complaint that they started with live resin will save them from paying out imo.

I still see arguments here on full spectrum/ broad spectrum So nailing down definitions in court in this industry might also be interesting.

7 Likes

I only see it as giving alphabet boys more ammo.

Why did I think Steve had something to do with this?

6 Likes

Well as far as I know, Giddy Trademarked “Live Resin” back in the day

1 Like

The only reason nobody else is being targeted is because Select doesn’t make the fire sauces like raw gardens does. I see the reasoning behind this. People thought they were getting the fire.

Select you already know you’re getting boring carts.

1 Like

XD better find a new title for your fresh frozen cls hash

There is a company up here in Alaska that does the same thing accept they call it “Loud” carts. Same thing, distillate with reintroduced “live resin” terps. They’re not bad, but not worth the extra $10-20 bucks that stores sell them for

1 Like

For the most part they don’t distill it. It’s another process.

Sounds like ambulance chasers. The key to this is people don’t actually know what raw does. And it’s just going to have to expose thier process. It’s not distillate and this wasn’t anything bad, just some wacko customer who got a shitty lawyer to prob sue them. My two cents. Who would sue over a packet of hash.

4 Likes

This reminds me of the puffco lawsuit.

Reminds me of the guy that insured his cigars, smoked them, got the insurance money claiming ‘loss to fire’, then they took him down for twelve counts of arson.

10 Likes

That’s beautiful story and analogy of what it’s like to try and sue in this industry for buying a $50 cartridge and starting a class action 100%, except they went the class action route making it not just them for taking down. That changes it a pinch, it’s shared greed versus total greed. But if you’re entitled and they’re proven to be scamming distillate mids with their brand and primo marketing similar to their live. That trademark is also perplexing. Wonder how he intends to use Live Resin trademark.

1 Like

What a time to be living in… :roll_eyes::man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

It’s wild to me. How someone either paid or found an attorney pro bono to take this case.

2 Likes

There are 100+ companies doing this right now. The process is wide scale and not exactly what the case claims. What the issue is the person involved with suing them isn’t experienced in what’s going on in the lab. Most of these companies that lean on live resin branding are doing a very basic live resin refinement.

Take your sauces, distill the terps and all flavors out of it at low temps. Then take the product and do a high vacuum decarb but don’t boil off anything but decarb.
Add terps back to a highly activated sauce that is now taken from thca to d9. The source is all 100% live resin. What they do is separate the prescribe favor first and then take the live resin and activate it. Preventing the crystal structures and allowing terps to flow better in pens.

I wonder how the lawyer will fair when he finds out his client has been wasting his time over semantics with labeling that doesn’t actually misrepresent the extract.

4 Likes

Why would any company go threw that process to produce D9 THC? Of all people that know…You know there are much more effective way to get to D9-THC then Decarbing THCa…Id venture to bet, SPDs are one of the most effecient ways to D9 thc. I dont understand why you would take what is probably the most expensive form of THC which is thca… and then decarb to just call it live resin.

Id bet this was inside information given to a friend…hence a class action lawsuit.

2 Likes