Chopping Rooms Early for Live Resin ***Yields??**

Hey all - have an indoor cultivation room with several plants that we may need to harvest at a full 3 weeks early (all for BHO fresh frozen “live” products). Flower and trich heads look good visually, overall plant size/development I would put at 70% to full target maturity as a reference.

I’ve run some early harvested material before, plant that was pulled maybe 1-2wks early max and it came out beautiful - super fragrant and light in appearance and yields were comparable to fully mature plants.

Has anyone run fresh frozen harvested 3 weeks or more early?
How major of a hit did you take on yield?
End Product Cannabinoid Potency considerations?

1 Like

All depends on what u think "done’ is. Some push to more than 50/50 trich color. Some all amber trichs

U want a cloudy for most thca I was told

3 Likes

What’s the need for pulling it that early?

I go 70% cloudy 30% clear in my trich’s

1 Like

Ppl have been pulling harvests early to get a very light colored extract. BUT with chopping early, you loose out on potency.

All cloudy with only a few amber, nearly no clear is the norm. More amber for that couch lock feel.

4 Likes

I get why they want to, but he makes it sound like it’s more of a necessity to take it 3 weeks early

Same.

Thanks Fickle - moving/transitioning to new facility.

Ah, just making the best of a shitty situation.

Best of luck, hopefully the move is good for business

1 Like

Demontrich trying to figure out how much of a diff in potency and yield we might expect given dropping 3 weeks early. Extraction on our mature harvests consistently hit 20g concentrate per/lb wet weight and testing at low 80% cannabinoid potency.

That’s hard to guesstimate a number. Take a sample from both an early and a late harvest. Send off to lab, and go from there.

From exp, all clear trichs and a few cloudy wont do much for potency, vs mostly cloudy, few amber and a few clear.

Do you guys use a loop? What do the trichomes in the bud, NOT sugar leaf. Sg go amber before buds.

I havent used a loop in 5 yrs. Flip and set the clock for 64-69 days then chop.

1 Like