Chinese wiped film

Yes cheapest is what I probably should have said lol

2 Likes

I wonder why she’s so tall?

1 Like

That may not be the appropriate pic. The bml-10 on Alibaba brings back many different pics

1 Like

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.alibaba.com/amp/product/60599399013.html

1 Like

I have the dea dzl 50 it’s pretty easy for me to run except have problems getting even flow through my still body’s thermal fluid jacket. I’m always having to adjust the temp to meet my desired still temp

2 Likes

How would you rate it?

I dont have anything to compare it to but I have no complaints. The feed pump has been getting clogged due to cold ambient temp. I have to take the hosing out of the pumps housing(real simple) heat gun the whole tubing and shove it back in the pump as soon as the hot oil comes gushing through. The heat bath also smokes up my room with weird vapors idk why. I have duratherm S fluid. It’s so bad that I have goggles and a respirator on. The hosing for the heat transfer fluid should be something less flimsy. Really scary

4 Likes

Sounds like you need a few things.
1)Ventalation will get that nasty vapor from the room, you should have a peice of flexible metal ducting you can use to suck air from the circulators vicinity.

1. you need some heat lamps to keep your feed flowing, you can buy an Inline dimmer switch
    to control the heat.
    You also need a lamp and a bulb.
    place them where you need extra heat and dim them appropratly.
3 Likes

What type of hosing should I use for my heat bath?

what inside diameter you got? what type of connections if any?

Theres some sort of threading on the heat bath that’s 3/8 and the hose barbs are 1/2 on the glass I believe

I’ve recently ramped it up to 220 from 200 c to meet my temp needs of 160-170 could this just be from ambient temp? Now it’s like 50°f as opposed to 95°f in the summer

2 Likes

your in sac right? out some insulation around your wiper section, keep the temps more consistant.
scaremwnto hpse store - Google Search.
I use these guys in my town for my hoses, they can order anything and make it for you coustom in the store. Tell them what the hose has to do and what fittings you need. They should be able to handle your needs.

3 Likes

Oh ya they always know what I’m up to over there haha

1 Like

How much did you pay all in?

That looks like more than $7500 worth of gear…

1 Like

This is the bigger one. They advertise for 25k plus shipping

Dea dzl 5G

2 Likes

I’ve found an even smaller cheaper one

Bml-5 stainless
Bm-5 glass/stainless

Might be a good starting point for a small basement lab to get into tfe

3 Likes

The bml-5 stainless claims 500-2000ml an hour

1 Like

If you already have an understanding of the necessary temps I highly suggest the stainless steel ones

Also, That one doesn’t come with a pump it says. The one I have came with a belt driven pump and diffusion pump… I’m also having a hard time understanding the layout of the BMl 5

2 Likes

I want one.

2 Likes

I think there’s different types of bml-5 units

Some appear to be horizontal some appear to be vertical

3 Likes