Chiller with deep temp capability while under load

If we build it, will they come?
I have noticed over the past few years, a lack of affordable, safe, and dependable chillers. One capable of deep temps (-80°C) and holding a decent heat load (1-2Kw) at -40°C. New units that can meet these specifications are too expensive and or poorly made with weak support from the OEM. Used units are not easy to find, often overpriced, and/or ready for the glue factory (i.e. at the end of their life span).
Being service people, we want to help but are hamstrung but the lack of a product to refurbish or OEM to steer you towards.
We will design and build this chiller in Oregon. It will be affordable, dependable, and safe.
We will provide service and parts support beyond what you are used to as that is our trade.
If you are interested, be in touch.
if you need service on your existing units or just some advice we can do that too.
:cold_face:

9 Likes

I like it, this is what I wanted to do before I picked up a used unit in decent shape.

Cascade coolers are pretty cool, I look forward to seeing what you come up with and what refrigerants you end up running

3 Likes

how about 50-60kw at -40c?

4 Likes

or 30kw @-60?

This can be done but when we start looking at wattage in the 10’s of thousands I have not seen as much of a demand. Since this is ground up my feeling is we need to have a product with mass appeal that can allow for manufacturing infrastructure to be built then we can look at building chillzilla​:slightly_smiling_face::pray: