Chemistry Knowledge Help! NOT VOODOO

Greetings! This here is a fantastic resource for those looking to expand their chemical knowledge online and better yet…it is free!

http://chem.chem.rochester.edu/~nvd/?page=home

16 Likes

Hey nice link @QGA!

3 Likes

Yoooo give me that Leader title lol. You do truely deserve that I am typically just a hater lol.

Have fun on that link there is lots of great information I used it when I was an undergrad and I still use it in my graduate studies!

5 Likes

If you get to level 4, the leader badge will supercede your hater badge

9 Likes

I’ll agree, if you went above and beyond like soxs ud have already…:wink: not hating picking!

I want one that says “Wifi Padawon”

I swear if everyone spoke up that he’s went above and beyond to help u may look like this

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

Hey haters gotta hate to make the world appreciate!
There are some pretty scary stories on that link!

2 Likes

Yup chemistry can be horrifying and that is why I love it. It makes walking into a cannabis lab very chill because there is nothing in there too deadly.

6 Likes

I kinda like the custom badge though in the end :smiley:

3 Likes

Exactally my thoughts, besides the solvents, acids, bases, and silicates its pretty benign.

1 Like

even those are pretty benign compared to distilling mercury or creating diazomethane lol that is my point

3 Likes

I still havent really seen anyone really able to dispute your claim though…12L vs WFE. Personally, i like to play devils advocate all the time. I appreciate your stance on that subject i know now after 5L. Its WFE all day. LOL

3 Likes

Yes I am not saying my hating is not justified in my experience it certainly is!

7 Likes

Which is why I won’t run anything bigger than a 5L.

4 Likes

The polymer lab I do research in for my day job has lots of nasty shit… amines, chlorinated solvents, aldehydes, phenols… that’s one of the reasons why I’m working to switch industries, everything is much safer in cannabis!

2 Likes

OpenStax has some great resources too!

weird coincidence, I just shared this with someone yesterday. sometimes when Im feeling shitty about science I like to read the mistakes page.

1 Like

I have a “rookie mistake” i submitted to NotVoodoo in my early years as chem student at uni, forgot about this Gem of a website! Thanks for the reminder, now im gonna go scour the rookie mistakes to remember which one of my embarrassing flub-ups I posted LOL!

3 Likes