Centrifuge Questions

We are starting to do some research on centrifuges and are wondering if you guys can share some of your experiences with them? We are curious as to what sizes and specific characteristics that are most important for the cannabis industry.

Folks really like the price on the Panda.

But at least some need something the fire marshal can get behind.

@Paragon1 has a little one, @highestzen has a big one.

Then there are a bunch of folks who will sell you the two sizes (~10-15lb and ~30-40lb) in between.

Dunking bags then spinning works, but extracting in the fuge makes more sense.

Baskets are really only the right solution within a fairly narrow through-put range.

4 Likes

What size capacity are you going for? I can get you set up with the perfect one. Reach out to me

1 Like

Whoops had to edit my whole post
I assumed OP were brand new but after seeing the OP’s IG, I think they are researching what people are looking for in centrifuges.

I think the mainstream companies got it down. A spinner that can do the process 3 in 1 and spin at decent recovery speeds while maintaining cryo temps. Only thing the people really want is more competition in the free market to lower the drastic cost of these simple machines, which a good chunk are just re-selling a Chinese spinner.

What I would love to see from a manufacture, is for someone to R&D a Decanter centrifuge :smile:

2 Likes

We just came across an Ametek fuge rated at 129lbs with a 30" diameter basket. Anyone know anything about these units? I see they are an US based company but I don’t have any other info on them.

1 Like

Counter flow current is better at saturating the biomass/solids I think, Thing about that video is it shows the liquid inlet but the solids are magically appearing in the machine lol

1 Like