Cellular Wafers are the future of drug delivery tech!

Huh??

Bro :joy: lol making an ethanol infusion …distillate breaks down into the ethanol making a tincture…then pouring said tincture over sugar and combining well. Let it evaporate and ya got infused sugar…not sure what your confused about? You really love confusing my posts huh?

3 Likes

Not sure you do. It’s not about secrecy. It’s about turning the originally posted word salad into a working SOP.

You got it in one? Congrats!!!

Even with OP in our lab doing the work, we did NOT manage to hit the mark. So he’s coming back to try again.

He has also been working with @MillerliteRN

It would appear progress is being made.

I’m working on @srihugh1’s GC gummy method:Suggested methods for measuring cannabinoids in gummies and other edibles

Looks like I may need to centrifuge to get my ethyl acetate and water to separate

…it also looks like I can dissolve 100% pectin gummies in 25ml hot water, which was unexpected.

Anyone want to take bets on how the THC-O partitions in water/ethyl acetate?!? (Told y’all I ain’t no chemist :shushing_face:)

8 Likes

So this is THC-0 gummie. The THC-O , assuming you mean the acidic anhydride derivative or the phenol/
Should be an ester itself. Looking at your ‘solution of gummy itself” it seem opaque, either a louche ternary, or a micelle of some bio detergent in gummie formula?
So it is difficult to predict due to the unknown structure whether you will get efficient partition of the “complex” into Et-o-Ac .
If you just had THC-O you would “expect” it would not be water soluble at all.??? Saturate the water phase with salt…and let is sit….the problem with the Et-o-Ac partition is that the partitions sets up between Et-o-Ac saturated water and Et-o-Ac saturated with water….both ways you have extremely altered solution.
So to avoid that perhaps you need like pentane or cyclohexane. Put it on a gentle rocking shaker for 24 to48 hrs…see if it will break the (opaqueness) complex.

Is this “wafer’ tech only supposed to work with THC-o?
Is it really wise to be working with THC-o from over state?

2 cents=0. Not betting, but you may have more than a simple partition.

Regards

1 Like

It is just not clear what you guys are doing.
It is not clear what your “formula” is.
It is not clear what you claim these preparations do.
It is not clear WTF you are talking about.

“The mixture is more forgiving when you keep it in the exact temp ranges stated in post 13, All the information is here. Just read it standing, sitting down, upside down, read it while driving, read it when you poop.”

What the fuck are you trying to say…?
Take this shit to Reddit….do we really need it?

2 Likes

My best guess is D8-THC-O-acetate

See: THC-o Acetate Time! Wtf did my buddy buy?!?!

Nope. I’m guessing it was more about “hemp derived” on the part of the TX based producer.

2 Likes

I thought powers to be announced…the END of THC-o
Last week?..any type.

Is there a difference between having Photon decipher OP formula and having Photon invent something new?

Sure seems like a con-job…getting free consulting.

2 Likes

Indeed. Not my cannabinoids , not my gummies.

Using cannabis derived D9 and pectin over here. Testing what came in the door, because I need that functionality.

Wasn’t expecting pectin to solubilize…only had “gelatin” in “thc-o”.

Dunno. @Photon_noir?

One reason for immediately going to in house potency was OP’s recounting of batches that varied in potency over time. Sometimes weak, sometimes strong. Reads as lack of homogeneity to me…so what does it look like on the GC?

That and our kitchen went in last week…

2 Likes

I’m literally a dude trying to get better pain management for my loved ones, I don’t work in a lab, nor am I trying to explain what the hell this is. Im not chasing the next big thing, I just want my recipes to work better, which they now do. I’ve learnt a lot from @cyclopath and @moronnabis, you dudes have left tons of comments on F4200 that have helped me with further understanding this craft!

All im saying is I kept the mixture warmed to 160f at all times, introduced the ingredients as stated in post 13, and got two distinctive layers, I then syringed them off, and added to a recipe I make regularly. Which ended up working better than usual by a mile.

Leaving the science to the science people here, I’m just popping in to say, my edibles are helping with pain, thanks to the word salad I had for lunch.

5 Likes

Can certainly appreciate that and glad it worked out for you…

But saying:

…seems a bit shilly whether that was your intent or not.

Until someone is able to come up with a repeatable SOP, gets testing, and is able to show in blind fashion that 1mg of these gummies is = to Xmg non “wafer” thc… it’s all hearsay.

4 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. I too am working on cannabinoic acids for analgesia.
I do not know what your pervious formula was or exactly your new formula?
First of all what cannabinoids are you using or which cannabinoid ?
2nd…what is it you refer to as “better than usual by a mile”.
Are you self testing, and you have chronic pain? In general thc is not that analgesic…not compared to THCA and CBDA.
There are many “types” of pain. Do you know the classification of which type you are dealing with.

If your assay of “working better” is just getting high from gummies I am not sure this translates to pain.

Try this, get some pure CBDA…make a solution of it in Everclear alcohol so that one tsp has about 100mg CBDA.
Pour 1 tsp in small glass of water…
Find someone in pain. (We do not know what type of Pain).
If they have the type of pain which is addressable with Cannabinoic acid…it will be gone in about 10 minutes after drinking the water solution. If not it is a different type of pain. How CBDA works is another topic…

But do not confuse these actions with “getting high”=“working better”.

2 Likes

Pectin dissolves and gelatin melts.
There are a few reasons, this is useful science.

One of the pics is just regular candy.
Easy guess.

3 Likes

I didn’t know this so thank you for that crucial bit of information.

My wife suffers with trigeminal autonomic cephalalgias, there is no current cure, high flow oxygen tanks larger than she can carry, some psychedelics and certain hardcore pharmaceuticals can help but not without unsustainable side effects, I’m not gonna to go into the journey of how many different treatments I’ve searched for over the years, nothing works, weed just helps ease the shit show a bit.

my procedure for testing was pretty damn rudimentary, she smokes 3-5g of organic indoor at night to keep her sedated like clockwork, yeah she wakes up a lot to smoke bong. While she’s been using the new recipe(very used to using edibles before bed), she’s been smoking a hell of a lot less at night, there’s probably about a gram of two left in the morning.

That being said, the original wafer formula I made was done with BHO that was not decarbed, (untested, our monthly medical bills in Africa are too high for testing every batch, and unlicensed testing is just asking to get flagged) diluted into into a basic 1:1 sugar water syrup.

@raghanded, unhinged sounds like a bold statement, but mind you I was baked as a cheesecake at the time, I was just too pleased to find it incorporating into water without giving me a hard time, and way excited to share my success, so take my enthusiasm as useless uneducated drivel from a baked kitchen goblin, you are 100% right. If we gonna keep it scientifically accurate it’s fully hearsay.

3 Likes

You can make liposomal syrups that have this same effect without going through 30 hours of process. I highly recommend giving that a shot and seeing if it has a similar effect with the same mg thc. There are some basic SOPs here lying around that you can mess with

6 Likes

Considering that the cannabinoic Acids act as NSAIDs, let me modify the statement about THC and CB1 induced analgesia …
THC studies have been shown to reduce pain.
Here we have the question of what “type of pain”.
So let us just say that a combination of THC and CBDA may alleviate “pain” of different sorts…try it , if it works for you… if you are lucky. I don’t want CB1 receptors excepted here as the are involved in modulation of almost everything that goes on CNS one way or another. CBDA may well act as NSAIDs and possible modulator of CB1-CB2 dimer complex, CBD may also provide allosteric modulation of CB1.
Again, just try it…and see if it works for you.

3 Likes

Still no news regarding a decent SOP?

9 Likes

This is aging like a fine wine.

2 Likes

I’ve said it a bunch if times:

“I feel bad for anyone who thinks cannabis is a pain killer like an opioid because they’re missing out. I mean it’s a pain killer in the way that it’s a super strong anti-inflammatory like a standard ibuprofen but in no way does it actually hit the same receptors as an opioid. Put it this way, you can smoke any amount of cannabis, stub your toe and it’s actually gonna feel twice as, “not chill,” ya know? It’s cause you’re only relaxed and still able to feel normal every day pain.”

Yes, CBDA is a very effective NSAID, powerful.
With respect to your opioid comment:
“ascending information accesses the neurons of the periaqueductal gray (PAG) and rostral ventral medulla (RVM) that is found in the midbrain to engage the descending feedback systems, in order to regulate the output from the spinal cord [4]. The core function of the PAG is to integrate the information received from the higher centers of the brain, including the hypothalamus, amygdala and frontal lobe, as well as receiving the ascending nociceptive input from the DH. The PAG regulates the processing of the nociceptive information in the DH of the spinal cord via the projection neurons to RVM and dorsolateral pontine tegmentum (DLPT). The endogenous opioid and cannabinoid systems and other neurotransmitters, such as 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) and norepinephrine (NE), are heavily expressed through the PAG/RVM pathways.

There is no reason not to mention opioids , but
Here we are talking about CB1,CB2 a couple of orphan GCPRs and TRP receptors. Thinking that pain is only associated with opioid receptors, while once popular is rather out of date.
The sensation of Pain and the pathways through which sensory signals are transmitted to the brain are multimodal.

And when we discuss pain pathways noted above and the effects of Cannabis on idiopathic pain we clearly need to distinguish between neutral cannabinoids , CBD and THC vs the acidic cannabinoids CBDA and THCA. The latter’s effect as NSAID are well noted, as you mention. Although I would stress that CBDA is very strong acting and not well studied. CBDA is also reported to alter CB1-CB2 heterodimer actions by allosteric effects . Classic CB1 agonism and CB2 allosteric activation interferes with “pain” perception as well. See:
NATURE | VOL 394 | 16 JULY 1998
Control of pain initiation by endogenous cannabinoids
Antonio Calignano, Giovanna La Rana, Andrea Giuffrida*
& Daniele Piomelli*.
the results of this paper might be criticized in light of more recent work with TRP receptors .

The Chinese Herbal literature such as the Pen T’sao notes that cannabis extracts in conjunction with plant materials that block muscarinic action have been used to produce analgesia for surgery for thousands of years.

Pain is a very complex phenomenon.

but back on track of the OP subject matter, Wafer Tech:
Is there any Palmitoylethanolamide in some form or another buried in that formula.

4 Likes

CBDPA is more than likely the compound that could be the pain killer of the future, some people are looking at CBDVA as well.

There is a lot of evidence from the limited CBDA studies suggesting it could be a very potent selective cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor, CBDPA & CBDVA would greatly exceed the strength of CBDA.

There is more than likely other cannabinoids with even greater efficacy that are yet to be discovered or have been discovered and are not studied.

Selective COX-2 inhibitors are as effective or exceeding the effectiveness of opioids and nonselective NSAIDs in regards to treating acute and perioperative pain.

1 Like