CBleach vs Summit Achromatizing Clay

The achromatizing clay although does a great job at color remediations when in the flask also does isomerize a majority of thw material to D8… as much as regular cbleach or carbon.

3 Likes

Are you dewaxinf prior ro the scrubs?

Me and columbo proved this to elliot 8 months ago, he said it was "user error " though when we got straight d8 lol hes funny sometimes

1 Like

Elliot is special.

3 Likes

Ever tried rinsing the clay before use drying in oven to change iT s ph
And see If iT still works ?

I havent, it doesnt seem to do any damage at room temp with filtration.

Yep… :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I meant for theboiling flask😀

Achroma Clay is supposed to have a neutral pH… I don’t think washing it’s going to do much

Then how the F:€&) is iT isomerizing ???

:man_shrugging: Not a chemist

1 Like

Acid…where is it coming from? Water? Lewid acid sites?

Could just be an interaction where carbon inserts itself into the molecule and like a catalyst causes a change and ejects out of the molecule… doesnt have to be acid break down…

1 Like

Why use carbon?

1 Like

Ive read that just because the media is at a neutral ph it doesnt mean that there isnt still acid sites present in the media. Ill try to post the study because its probably downloaded in my phone still.

It has to be naturally activated not acid activated

1 Like

I’ve sent in a lot of samples lately. Some have been water clear, some yellow, some green/brown or hues of purple but never did they test with delta8 in them.

I used achromclay for the first and second time and both batches had massive amounts of Isomerization. I added it directly into the boiling flask.

One batch I remediate so it went through enzyme, t-41 scrub, water wash, chromatography and a second pass.

The other batch was first pass winterized and filtered crude w/o achrom, ran a second time with achroma, got residual achrom into my receiving flask so I had to run it a second time to clean out the residual achroma.

But yea, lots of isomerization. And don’t add it mid run. Note to self. Make sure to mix achroma or any other powder in well before going into the boiling flask otherwise your vacuum will pull the dust all through your system.

2 Likes

Can I convert my delta 9 to delta 8 while leaving cbd intact?

1 Like

Looking for help with Carbon A, B and C…

Does anyone know what Carbon Chem product or other brand is comparable to or better than, Carbon A from Summit?

Does anyone know what Carbon Chem product or other brand is comparable to or better than, Carbon B from Summit?

Does anyone know what Carbon Chem product or other brand is comparable to or better than, Carbon C from Summit?

Carbon A performs similarly to CC’s hardwood carbon. I don’t know about the other two

1 Like