CBleach Scrub

That is that it looks like and I’ve been told, also the results I’ve seen.

I can confirm that this works, really well.

1 Like

With all these pros using bentonite instead of celite, I’m starting to think they outweigh the speed advantage of celite. Though I wonder how much faster it would be through one of these bad boys? :thinking:

https://www.beakerandwrench.com/product-page/pressurized-filtration-system

2 Likes

@coppertop

If that was meant to link to the pressurized filter system, then yes, it would work great with that. As a matter of fact they just post posted about that on ig today. Using bentonite with the system that is.

We are hoping to cross promote with B&W for this specific purpose.

Clays are normally used in conjunction with pressure filtration as opposed to vacuum. This also gives you the ability to use inert gas and avoid exposure to oxygen.

6 Likes

given that they both use a pressure differential, what is the difference?

simply the magnitude of the differential that is achievable?

1 Like

Its due to the second part I put up, they normally use a nitrogen gas assist.

2 Likes

Sounds like a b to do. What about in-line filters?

I was just playing devils advocate :blush:

Asked the same question elsewhere and someone (@Soxhlet?) pointed out that using vac can boil off the solvent and therefore ppt the solute in the clay.

Definitely something to avoid…

3 Likes

Thinking about trying this scrub with with my hemp crude since I currently already have it in heptane and the color could really use some help. Is this a bad idea? Would these temps and times as described here cause Isomerization to THC?

Hey Future, is this Puriflash still a great option for choma, or is there a different model you recommend? I like how it’s so much cheaper than CPC machines and such.

Which pesticides? I have been using this for a few months and haven’t been flagged for any yet.

1 Like

Can the washed heptane solution be dried with MgSO4 rather than sitting in the sep funnel for an hour?

So is everyone still using CBleach regularly? And is CBleach Lite available?

I pass my solution through a DE bed usually to get any carbon dust removed. If you have enough head space you can use a cotton plug over silica to hold it. And about an inch of DE will work to grab any carbon

1 Like

Sorry for the newbie question, but what exactly is CBleach? I’ve got T-5 and Celite 545 on hand but am missing a 3rd scrubbing ingredient, and I don’t care much for carbon scrubbed concentrates. I’d prefer to use CBleach based off of what I’ve read on this thread
Thanks

It’s t41

4 Likes

Cbleach is from a man long since forgotten

7 Likes

Pretty sure I remember “cbleach” coming in the carbon chem bags with a columbo sticker over the regular t41 label.

2 Likes

Ya im sure, was more a joke than fact if you really dig into jt he was just reselling there stuff. It was just synonymous with his name

2 Likes

If I do a hot scrub, do I still need to winterize? The extraction is a 3 minute wash at - 50C, which is then filtered through #1 Whatman papers before being rotovap’d down to a 10:1

1 Like