CBleach Scrub

gak! do you have access to a GC or HPLC?

My first response would be to make sure I still had the same cannabinoids as I started with. even if that meant throwing $100 at “ask a stranger” (3rd party analytics).

What if your extraction pulls no waxes, i.e. cold ethanol, would there still be gums present to remove?

Waxes and gums are two different classes of chemicals. “Gums” actually refers to phospholipids and (probably?) phosphoinositides that “gum up” some processes. These phospholipid compounds will not be removed by winterization.

1 Like

I will test these on my old school flash system! I really would like to experiment with flash cartridges I could pack myself for R&D.

Shoot me a DM. I have some empty cartridges laying around and plenty of stuff to fill them.

4 Likes

how about actually using cooking oil?
for the home user that really ought not be playing with much else?

Either with cannabinoids in oil as the endpoint, or extracting with Ethanol again after washing in oil.

I now have an overwhelming urge to go dissolve some old school RSO in Olive oil…

A good question, but I think you would have trouble separating out the cooking oil after. Winterization could work? The viscosity of the oil might cause an increase in column backpressure decreasing flow.

1 Like

yeah, it’s off topic: I wasn’t thinking of column, just saline washes.

really just responding to “like oil and water” which was the phrase I used when describing the saline washes for one of my clients yesterday that triggered the thought.

Voices in my head handed me the same stupid idea twice within 24hrs, so I thought I should probably explore whether it was actually stupid… :wink:

endpoint of cannabinoids in oil was suggested. 'cause that’s where the client is going anyway. pulling cannabinoids back out with Ethanol also seems viable.

If I had a way to measure pH (locate my pH strips), I’d be on it already. I’ll probably order more & possibly request a meter next week.

So i used a 3 % ratio of C bleach to scrub up some of my crude oil and it has seemed to actually alter the chemical composition of the oil to the point that it is still not finished decarbing after almost 4 days in a vacuum oven at at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Not to mention as soon as i pull the oil out of the oven it seems to harden extremely quickly (in less than 2 minutes) in a climate controlled room that is only at 75 degrees. i am quite perplexed by this and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to why this is happening ?

What are you favorite mixes to use? Do you have some for certain types of crude, like cbd? Thc? Fats? Colors?gums? Etc

Use DE, diatomaceous earth, and a decently small 11 micron or smaller filter paper in a vacuum filter.

3 Likes

When you say “1000g oleoresin”, is that 1000g of total suspension? Or, would you still say 50g of CBleach in 1000g oleoresin/1000ml ethanol suspension for a total volume of suspension? Hope that’s not too confusing. I guess I’m simply asking if the ration of CBleach is respective to total volume or to the oleoresin, specifically.

There are three sops for using the c bleach wet/dry. Which one are you referring to?

The Wet Bleaching instructions per OP

What ratio do you make your alcohol/oleoresin suspension? Is this suspension first run through the short path or unfiltered winterzed?

What filter size do you use?

Where do get silica for filtration. What is a product name?

Hi Soxhlet, what is a dcvc I know what acdc is :slight_smile:

Dry column vacuum cromatography. @Beaker brought this method to this community.

6 Likes

Thank you Beaker, very interesting video.

@igigi42

By following the protocol almost exactly according to the video I collected these fractions from already distilled cannabinoid. The only deviation technically was I used hexane instead of pentane as in the video. The order collected was bottom to top left to right. Each fraction is 20 ml just like the video and is pulled through the silica gel column until the column is dry. Then a 5% increase in Ethyl Acetate in the hexane and the next one is pulled through. The first several are clear because of prewetting the column mostly. The main cannabinoid fraction begins after the purple fraction. It goes pretty fast and really not much solvent after to evaporate. Those are 20 ml tubes.

7 Likes