CBG or CBN distillate viscosity and prices?

Can anyone post any viscosity information or videos of the thickness of cbg or CBN fractions? For testing purposes im looking into it

They are almost the same CBN that is in My case
Place Some packing in the head on second pass
Keep temps steady to slow
Have a lab report of the first pass
Calculate. Volume of the CBN fraqtion
Distill and swap to tails a little earlyier than normal and ramp temps only When neccesary keep a moderate reflux start to finish
I am able to have 97% of all My CBN content in the tails this way color is not a good mark
Head temps and vac levels and a log book of previous runs is My mark

4 Likes

The same viscosity as thc?

Well up to 60% CBN My viscositie wasn t noticibly diffrent

1 Like

What is the typical price for CBN or cbg distillate?

I don t know pure CBN isollate is around 55 K a killo
I find sales at 30% CBN distillates and > 1 % thc at 35 k a liter but i sell little and not often
And i am in europe even thou. The 55 k a killo is a US based price

2 Likes

I can second this.

USA based,

1 Like

any sources you can give out? Trying to find cbn isolate atm and having a hard time.

@CBDHempire might have some in stock

CBG distillate will go solid, many times during the distillation. It forms a hard white to yellowish wax, even quicker than CBD distillate.

Here are a few links to my IG with time lapse videos of CBG distillations with crystallization.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4OwYd9BaCQ/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4Nq2fhh11y/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4QaFX9hDRA/

4 Likes

currently we are selling our 99%+ CBG isolate at $18,000 for multiple kilos, $20,000 for singles

Mr martini,
Your video s make a smile on my face any day :pray:
Question in Europe there is an industrial strain that makes a crude oil
With around 18% CBG
Do you think it’s possible to fraqtion distill this out crude has about 60% cannabinoids content cbd mostly
Thank you

Most likely.
If you’re looking at 18% CBG at harvest, that probably means most of the major synthase related genetics are turned off.
What we find with the Crawford CBG lines (OregonCBD) is that there is just enough THC to keep the CBD in solution during isolation. This allows the CBG to be isolated with little to no CBD contamination. recrystallization will eliminate any small amounts of other Cannabinoids if you do see some in your initial isolate.

What’s the boiling point under vacuum temperature is CBG in heads or tails ?

1 Like

It s 18% of cbg in the ethanol extracted crude from an industrial cbd strain
I am in Europe this is completely diffrent biomass :sob:

1 Like

CBG tends to distill at a slightly higher temp than CBD. So you can kind of distill off a lot of the CBD with a lower temp run and then run the raffinate again at a higher temp to get a distillate with a lower CBD to CBG ratio. But over all, distilling to separate Cannabinoids from each other is not entirely feasible.

2 Likes

I agree but with cbn I can do an early tails cut and get them almost all in tails
Same as with thcv not as clean as cbn but a lot
I wonder if that is feasible with cbg
Thank you for the info thou

1 Like

What effect does the THC and CBD being present in the mother liquor have on the crystal morphology of CBG?

1 Like

THC will bind up other Cannabinoids and keep them in solution during isolation. At roughly 1/3 of the others concentration. So 1% THC will keep about 3% of the CBD tied up in the mother liquor.

2 Likes