CBDV boiling point

Hey there!!! I am working with some material where the desired output is CBDV. Not having too much luck on finding the boiling point for that so I’m coming to you good people for some help. Along with the CBDV boiling point, is there a nifty chart y’all use for just about everything? Thanks!!

1 Like

I’ve never seen a chart for boiling point of cannabinoids based on vacuum level, but that would sure come in handy at times. Slide scale or something maybe.

2 Likes

Id distill @ 170C since they pretty much distill at or below the same temp as cbd does. Best way to isolate cbdv from everthing else is chromatography. Been there done that.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been rocking 170c and the output is okay. Just okay. Luckily I got my HPLC up so I can experiment more/easier.

1 Like

I ran 150, 155, 160, 165 and between 165 and 170 pulled the most out of it. I terp stripped really slow and easy to make sure it was as clean as possible before I distilled.
Evaporator: 170C
Condenser: 90C
Vacuum: 10>-3

1 Like

That’s on a first or second pass? I’m running a two stage wiped film and have a reactor where I do most of my residual ethanol grab and a slight terp strip. I’m mostly trying to fine tune my WFE machine to hit the best CBDV potency I can manage. I run your temps on the first pass generally.

Those parameters are first true pass. I usually only run one pass. Never saw too much advantage on running it again.
This is on a chemtech kd10.