CBD payment processors

How are companies accepting payment for smokeable CBD products?

Our processor only allows us to sell our tinctures on website, we can’t sell our hemp cigarettes, vape carts, or flower. Any leads/suggestions would be great.

1 Like

I am having the same issue, everyone suggested T1 for pp but after speaking with them they don’t work with companies who’s primary product is flower. Right now I used a custom payment method for woocommerce where the customer selects cash app of Venmo and then a text box appears for them to submit they’re username. I have to check the orders and manually send the payment requests. The issue is I am not able to instantly request the purchase amount so some customers don’t see the request once it’s been sent.

Def hoping to find a way to process cards

1 Like

Besides squares invite only trial program, I haven’t heard any updates from the payment processing side of things…

1 Like

There must be a way to automate that.

1 Like

I do something similar and use automatewoo to send an email with venmo directions if an order with that method comes through. It’s a great tool for automating a ton of things in Woocommerce btw. PM me if you want to know where I got it for cheap.

Supposedly Authorize.net is now accepting CBD processors but they told us it will be a two month wait before approval. I think the ICCM code they told us to use was 5999. They have the best rates and didn’t appear to have an upfront fee.

We almost went with AVP, an overseas solution. We are too small to justify their $800 upfront cost. They use flexapay and we had it working with our site and unfortunately successfully processed one order with it so I know it works at least. Tammy got us approved in a little under two weeks, tammy@avpsolutions.com.

If you are processing ~10k/mo there is another overseas called nabink. Best overseas rates I saw and no monthly fee IF you are processing over $10k/mo. If you are under the $10k it is a $250/mo RECURRING fee. Like wow, it is expensive to be poor. That said, if you anticipate over $10k then lroth@nabink.com would be your go to. If a site requires 21+ then they are using these guys. Also, no upfront fee if you process $25k/mo, else $250 one time.

I’d also argue these merchants are why despite falling isolate and distillate bulk prices consumer prices haven’t dropped. Dropping prices requires an increase in sales to keep your merchant processor happy.

1 Like

If history is any indication… look into HSBC Merchant services.

1 Like