Cbd isomerization

I’m looking at buying a glass reactor as I’m about to do cbd isomerization, only going to be doing 1kg at a time will a 10l reactor be ok or will I need to buy a bigger one. Thanks

Bump.

THE PTSA sop is 1:1 in reactor

1 Like

So 10l will be enough even with the solvent et and the washes

Listen Homie, not trying to be dick-ish, but there’s plenty of information that’s freely available on this forum to answer your question. The fact that you can’t figure out what size reactor you need, for what size batch your doing proves you don’t need to making any D8… Please don’t make shit D8, and sell it to people. Their lungs don’t deserve to be fucked because you don’t know what you’re doing

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure d8 is a piece of piss compared to synthesizing dmt, 5meo, 2cb etc with them I know the exact amounts and size of glassware. Theres so much mixed information in regards to cbd isomerization whether its catalyst, acid, different solvent ect so saying search the forum which I have done just brings up the same problems. Most of the information on here is in regards to commercial and that’s not what I’m doing, and I’m pretty sure when I get round to it all that will be distilled is delta 8 or 9 so you wont have to worry about peoples lungs

1 Like

You have to pick an SOP, and go with it. 1:1 is the general rule, and I think 1% acid by weight. 10L should be plenty. And if you have the money, buy it… It’s a useful tool that you can use in many manufacturing processes.
I only mentioned the lungs shit because I bought some shit from someone on here that was “compliant”, and 97% (or so coa said). That shit had me not being able to catch a breath. I don’t want anyone to ever experience anything like I did, especially from something bought on the forum

Then surely you know that there’s many ways to approach a reaction

(Dean Richardson in the back of my thoughts always “chemistry - many ways to skin a cat”)

3 Likes

Thank you, to be honest I’d never seen them until I came on here and i dont know much about them but its something that will come in handy especially in regards to synthesizing other compounds not just cbd isomerization, will make life much easier. Yeah can understand your concern it’s the same when someone tries the dmt I synthesize I always make sure theres no residuals and it’s as pure as possible

1 Like

Yeah course but in regards to using a reactor which I’d not seen until I’d joined here and cbd isomerization and all the different information it’s just a little confusing and not really got the time to be experimenting with all the different ratios of solvents ect. Just wanted to know if a 10l reactor is fine for a 1kg run

I think the issue we have here is that our hard won experience was extremely resource draining and time consuming, not to mention that some of us paid for consultations before most of the bazillion methods were released here, so we just can’t bring ourselves to just give answers away because we didn’t get those answers freely handed to us. Anyways, like mentioned before, find the method you want to use, there’s pretty detailed SOPs on here- that will answer all of your questions- for free even, but you gotta put some effort in is all. The search bar is worth millions more than it was a year ago thanks to all the folks who have contributed their time and resources.

3 Likes

Yeah I get where your coming from but my initial question was about whether a 10l reactor was big enough to do a 1kg run, all it really needed was a yes or no answer, I dont need any information on how to get delta 8 or 9 or what catalyst/solvents I need because I know how to do it.

You already know but you don’t know if a 1kg reaction will fit in a 10L reactor? I would say you don’t know if you can’t answer that

6 Likes

You obviously didnt understand what I ment as in I know how to do the isomerization as in I understand what I need to do, i just wanted to know whether the reactor would be big enough to do the reaction plus the work up, if I was to do a 1kg tryptamine run for instance it wouldn’t fit in a 10l reactor

yeah if you can’t figure that out by yourself, it’s quite doubtful you actually have the skill you claim to have.

6 Likes

I gave you the closest information that anyone is willing to give you freely. I didn’t learn what I know by doing nothing. I READ, and read and read and read. I promise if you invested 8 hours of reading using the proper search terms, you wouldn’t have to ask a question like this, and get bombarded by others telling you EXACTLY that same thing I told you. It shouldn’t take more than an hour of reading with your experience…

1 Like

If you are only doing 1kg rule of thumb would add 1:1 oil:solvent, leaving math at 2L leaving you 8L of headspace, keep in mind using a reactor it’s easier to introduce LLE also a minimum 1:1 reaction solution to wash solution, putting you at minimum 4L volume filled, additional 4-6L head space. To answer your question yes a 10L will be okay for the scale you’re concerned with. But PLEASE do not just simply try things. Research them & if you’re still unsure, talk to or hire someone who can lead you along the way.

1 Like

I think theres only you who managed to answer the simple question even though you didnt have to go into such detail, all I needed was a yes or no, like I said it’s the first time seeing the reactor as you dont see them in organic chemistry labs so before I spent a lot of money on one I needed to know it would fit my purpose so thank you

I’m pretty sure I said a 10L would be fine a looooooong time ago, and you were given everything he just told you. You needed someone to put it together for you, and literally tell you.
Please use a consultant to make D8. @Cheebachiefextracts will spell it out for you step by step, but you gonna have to pay the man…

2 Likes

I only have so many :spoon: ‘s in my drawer :smirk:

2 Likes