CBD infused transdermal gel

This is random, but I am curious how hard it is to make a transdermal gel? I can’t seem to find any information on here on transdermal gel. I am interested in patch like administrative methods, and would love some help on this.

Thank y’all

1 Like

you can look into the patent 3M holds on transdermal patches, that will give you a starting point on what to do as well as what you cant.

2 Likes

the company that makes CBD patches for one of my clients uses the acrylic adhesive patches for reservoir transdermal delivery. Meaning it has a pocket with cbd in it. We sonicate the extract to increase bioavailability (yes, I know the controversy. Not our product, not our decisions). In honesty not really something easy to manufacture without proper equipment.

2 Likes

What are you using as a transdermal carrier?

1 Like

Consider in addition to patents, researching phase 1, 2, clinical trials, and the PKs (pharmacokinetic bioassays) surrounding approved transdermals, notably approved FTIH (first time in human).

2 Likes

Limonene and dmso are able to take cannabinoids across the skin barrier readily. If yiu want it to be slow release thats beyond my knowledge

1 Like

I’ve read that dmso isn’t safe since it take so everything across

I tried this method and it worked: Making my own THC Transdermal Patch - YouTube

3 Likes