CBD hemp strains with very low THC

Given what look to be strict Federal rules about thc content in 2021, what strains would you pick to be most likely to pass the hard limit .3% total thc? Obviously, there will be sacrifice of CBD content. I would like to find strains that are 8-10% CBD and consistently test .1 to .2% thc.

Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

1 Like

We are growing three Total THC strains this year… they are JxH, Z1, and KLR2. Each phenotype was selected from a larger population of about 100 per genotype. All below 0.3% Total THC with around 7-10% Total CBD. Independently certified by Botanacor in Colorado. Week 4 and week 8 COAs are available and posted our website. Please let me know if you find any others under 0.3% Total THC - Maryland is sadly a Total-THC state now (we’re all being told to apply for a federal license).

https://baysidehemp.co/federally-compliant-total-thc-hemp-clones/

1 Like

We’ve grown cherry and wife for a few years and they’ve consistently came in under .3% as a composite.

2 Likes

We grow a lotta Otto II Stout and it’s been exactly what you described. 8-10% CBD, compliant THC.
We have tons of seed of it…
Several farmers across the country with compliant crops also.

1 Like

just picking the right strain inst necessarily going to help you with thc content. your climate and growing conditions have a huge part in this as well. More stress = more thc this is why like 70% of hawaii hemp farms tested hot. They were likely using genetics bred in a place like oregon or colorado with much milder climate.

2 Likes

Stout is a good one always compliant indoors outdoors greenhouse but my issue with it is the variety is entirely unsmokable.

1 Like

I agree about environment. My own experiments so far have shown both hydro and potted plants coming in about 60% of what outdoor plants produce in regard to cbd content, but also virtually zero thc. Based on what I have seen, hydro/container is the only way I would feel safe about using strains that are very common now in 2021. My own T1 from the field would have passed, but just barely. I would like to be able to provide plants for other farmers and feel confident that my plants will never get bulldozed by government order when the Great Leap Backward happens in 2021.

In fact, going backward in time seems prudent in regard to strain selection. I think I want to grow varieties that were common when 8-10% or so was the highest cbd content available.

1 Like

Otto II and Early Remedy

1 Like

I like Otto II. The buds are not as dense, but they don’t mold, either. I made a cross with Cherry Blossom, and also saw a friend’s field growing Ottostruck. Otto II crosses seem to come out looking a lot like Otto II.

2 Likes

My favorite part is that if you can go late with it, it will drop a good portion of its leaves

I have read some opinion son this thread and I also worry about restrictions and Was looking for strains with low thc but high CBD. Before I have grown Hindu Kush but it has nearly 15% of thc as I’ve read here and I have grown Remedy. You say that the environment has a big influence on the amount t of CBD and THC in strain and it may vary. Is it really so? Because I do not want to change the types of strains as I already have the best ones for me.

If you are talking about growing cbd hemp, then yeah, environment is a big part of passing the especially restrictive 2021 rules of .3 total thc. There are a lot of hemp strains that can test lower than that, but the same strain can vary from field to field in the same year. The best you can do is test frequently and harvest early if you are approaching being hot.