CBD for hair growth?

Hey,

Had a couple “cannabis cures all” wizards touting some articles they read about CBD and hair loss. Said that CBD prevents some of the effects of hair loss.

Wondering if anyone’s tried anything (tincture/shampoo?) Topically with any success?

I have more CBD than hair, so figured it might be worth a shot lol.

4 Likes

I think this is more promising but no clue

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7344219/amp/Pioneering-stem-cell-procedure-doesnt-just-prevent-hair-loss-reverses-it.html&ved=2ahUKEwi7l4_Eu4DkAhVF1VkKHT63DU4QFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw01X3oBeXzXaBbOJw1S88R5&ampcf=1

2 Likes

Interesting, anyone around here played with cbd shampoo or conditioner? Scalp rubs?? @Rowan

2 Likes

Finasteride, Minoxidil and Ketoconazole for hair loss / hair growth.

I don’t really see CBD having much effect on miniaturization of follicles or inhibiting DHT topically?

4 Likes

Got a problem? Just rub some CBD on and that shit is as good as new. Wife trippin? Just rub some CBD on her and bam. Squeaky door hinges? Yo guessed it, just put a drool of CBD on it. I could see Billy Mays now selling CBD. :rofl::rofl::rofl::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

18 Likes

Yah my first thought lol. I get plagued by these questions all the time.

My favourite: hey how many mg of CBD would you give a dog that gets separation anxiety?

Like fuck dude… I don’t know. A bit? Then a bit more?

6 Likes

Secretly shampoos with cbd distillate…

2 Likes

I used to work at a Seattle medical dispensary back in 2012. Had a patient ask me, “if you were gonna smoke a joint, how much would you have to smoke to get high?” He also asked one time, “if I was gonna grow a single plant outside how much would it produce?”
That shit was painfully funny to me, some people are just way to dense.

3 Likes

I have an herbal hair loss/hair strength formulation I was working on for a friend… only problem is that it can cause spontaneous lactation and hair growth on the nipples so it sorta got shelved

5 Likes

So what you’re saying is there’s only upsides to this glorious product…

3 Likes

What were the ingredients and how long was the regimen?

1 Like

Damn son you gotta at least take me out to dinner before you get me into bed!

5 Likes

I don’t think you have to play your shelved herbal hair loss medication close to the vest on a cannabis forum. :man_shrugging:

I’m happy to show you mine if you show me yours. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I’ll mediate this. Both of you send me your hair growth formulas. And I will split the lactations equally between the two of you.

6 Likes

5 Likes

A lot of people have different goals for their hair loss.

Maintenance, regrowth, or miracles. There aren’t any herbs that are going to dramatically halt your hair loss or offer any significant regrowth.

1 Like

I’m just starting down the loss train. Hoping to curb/regrow a bit.

I bought some rogaine, then got a fancy essential oil blend product I’m rocking as well. thinking of trying some other options if that doesn’t do much

1 Like

Anecdotal evidence: I treated multiple shaved wound sites on a mastiff with CBD. the one that I didn’t treat took over a year for hair to grow back. the nine that I did treat grew back very quickly.

Caveat: the dog clearly had an immune disorder of some sort. the CBD was probably helping there…

1 Like

The essential oil blend is probably just clogging up pores that the minoxidil needs to be getting into.

Take a hot shower and apply the minoxidil after.

Where are you on the norwood scale?

If you really want to maintain your hair, your best option is going to be finasteride or dutasteride.

Minoxidil is a temporary fix and a huge hassle that needs to be applied forever and upped in dosage. It does work, but it will not work on its own for long in my experience. It does not help for much besides vertex loss and a little on temples if you’re lucky.

Brah fuc the chemicals. Take two grand with you to the uk and get the stem cell treatment. Its the future4200

2 Likes