Cbd crash from crude bucket tek

Anybody crash cbd in buckets in a walkin? I have several barrels of cbd crude winterized and decarbed .
The rough idea is to clean up a large amount of crude in a way that doesnt take up my equipments space and time until i can afford a large (400+liter)filter reactor.
I will heat the barrels then pour about 10 -12 liters into each bucket, mix with n-heptane then chill till cbd crashes . Pour liqour and heptane off , rotovap it then chill and crash the liqour again. Add more heptane to wash the crashed isolate so it is clean enough to further isolate in 2 double jacketed reactors for conversion to a more pure and valuable product.

It’s going to work a lot better if you can keep agitating and stirring while crashing.

Crude to isolate is more than doable but it requires a little more control of your temps too have good success.

5 Likes

I ve only isolated drom distillate. Im guessimg crude might need lower temp than disty to crash out of the terp surp.

Not really a colder temp. But the right temp for a period of time. Go to cold to quick and you’ll never crash out the cbd from the crude.

4 Likes

Ill prolly have to start at 1part heptane 2parts crude and work up from there letting it sit in a chest freezer over night once it cools down to walkin temp. Id like to be able to pour off the liquor from a solid chunk of cbd . Might experiment with placing a strainer in each bucket to aid crystal growth and hold back cbd from pouring over.

Line the bucket with an all mesh bubble bag perhaps

2 Likes

Good idea. Got some ring bags of various mesh ill dig up. I also have some metal brew filters that might work as a substrate for crystal growth. I wonder if i change the ph it might crash more completely.

Ever change ph to effect precipitation?