Cart cut discussion

in flower too, im a fan of wedding cake

big fan of it all around. i got some slurricane thats being processed right now, anyone tried this hype bs?

I was referred to abstrax terps and have only tried them and no other terps but have found my carts have great flavor with only 5% in Palm Springs CA a lot of my locals say its the best flavor they have ever had in a cart

2 Likes

im gonna have to try them out, i love checking out new terps. Any recommendations for CDT in MI? Looking for some locals to help out

The question I have for everyone here is - if the regulator said that you could only have 10% cannabinoids and terpenes in a cartridge… what would you safely fill the rest with?

This specific regulation is being discussed in legislatures in multiple states. And I’d like to know what you all think. I think diluents are a terrible idea - and mandated/regulated diluents are even worse!

Do share. <3

Only correct answer now is 10-20% CBC or CBT distillate. They’re naturally thin at room temp so they will drop the viscosity just enough to wick better and produce fuller hits. They cost $15-$30 a gram so you couldn’t “cut” with them even if you tried. Everyone says “just use distillate and terps only” which is true usually. Problem is there really is some “hard” distillate that is straight up too thick on its own even with 5-8% terp. Adding more and more terps is going to do more harm than good.

I add a little to everything now because they make everything so much smoother because the cartridge is functioning better. I really hope other hemp processors start producing CBC/CBT this year so we can phase out everything else. Live resin + 20% CBC/CBT decarbed is the most effortless, fire cart there is. No clogging, no additives, nothing.

6 Likes

Sounds like you’re trying to create a hypothetical situation to make a toxic mix. If a “regulator” said it can be only 10% cannabinoids then you just don’t make vape carts. Plain and simple. You go and get a waxpen. There’s nothing oil soluble you would want to be inhaling like that.

What state(s) are proposing 10% potency cartridges? I’ve seen Washington’s cap on concentrates but a 10% cap on carts is just going to lead to toxic mixtures of additives so I’m doubtful any state would actually push for that. If they did then someone needs to sit them down and give them a stern talking to about cannabinoids not being water soluble.

2 Likes

Talks in washington, colorado, DC, and other places. It comes up in my policy discussions at least once a quarter. The conversation in Washington for concentrates is not limited to things outside of carts either. :frowning:

I 100% agree that a hypothetical diluted concentrate substance is scary sauce. But that’s what some of these “harm reduction” legislators are talking about. That’s the questions they are asking - and I’m like, that would “create harm” not sure they will listen, but all we can do is try.

1 Like

Only solution would be to make high CBD low THC carts. If anywhere said you need to add 90% of non cannabinoids then any licensed producer worth their weight in salt would discontinue making carts immediately. Can’t just fill a cart with another oil and a dash of cannabinoids and hope for the best.

If it’s 10% potency then you need to remember people are going to be inhaling upwards to 10x the oil by volume to achieve similar effects, compounding the risks significantly. 10% cap on potency in carts means no carts. It’s not ejuice.

3 Likes

2.0 or larger for thick distillate. I tried a few types of carts with straight disty, and was an epic failure. I dumped all the carts I made for my Christmas vacation back and added Terps and went with my usual cart type.

I don’t know if I agree that some distillate it too hard do be used with only terps. With enough heat I believe it will work.

Find a cart that allows something this thick to flow, you can’t cause it’s glass.

3 Likes

Have you tried putting it in a cart with terps?

This is what I was replying to.

1 Like

The problem is the cart cant warm up the distillate quick enough between rips, so you get dry hits. Tasting nasty coil vs product. That’s why I emptied all mine out and refilled my usual cart and added Terps.

2 Likes

I must have missed it but what carts worked for you for really thick distillate?

1 Like

I’ve tried out a 2.0 cart from a vendor on here and it worked pretty good. Not A+, I’d give it an A-. For terpene (10%) distillate carts I use the old ac1005. No dry hits, but you cant continually rip on the carts. Rip, wait a few mins, rip again. Repeat.

For thick disty, a 2.0, 2.2, (2.5 max) would/should work great. I use 93%tcc distillate.

Ascent carts worked best for thick disty. Those oval holes allow quicker flow back to the coil. But we wont get into why I dont use them in this thread.

3 Likes

Good batteries have a preheat function for a reason. Sounds like user error.

1 Like

Go ahead preheat that coil & burn it out faster. Good carts don’t have that function cause it disrupts the wick flow after it burns.

5 Likes

User error… really? You must know me at all. I dont do “user error”.

Ole mr 4hrs read time

7 Likes