Can you run a cmep and trs21 at the same time?

Title says it all. Can you run a cmep and trs21 at the same time on the same rig?
If i run 2 cmeps together, can i use the same double 3/8 coil i have now?

1 Like

I don’t see an issue as long as trs is first inline, never attempted it though. Maybe I will, you got me interested. If you get to it before I do let me know the results.

1 Like

I’ve run two trs pumps in series without changing the coil setup, not 2 cmeps but same idea if I’m understanding you correctly.

1 Like

Ya if you can run 2 trs on the same coil then cmeps will work also. They run alot cooler. Lmk how it works. Im not going to try was just curious because i have both pumps

1 Like

They certainly do run much cooler. Just waiting for my cmep to get rebuilt then I’ll give it a shot.

1 Like

I ran 4 cmepols together it is definitely worth it, i wouldnt pair a trs to a cmep the trs’s gas comes out way hotter than a cmepols do especially if you add the water cooled heat exchanger. I was getting 2lbs every 50 seconds only using ice water

2 Likes

What solvent do you use?

N-tane

What is this water cooled heat exchanger you speak of?

A water cooled or chiller cooled heat exchanger, there 100s of options.

I would run them independently for faster recovery

1 Like

I have also done the 4 cmep Tek lmao

I did 8 once just too see, they ended being really good at recovering columns

1 Like

I ran 4 and had a bucket coil for each one, which after awhile I realized worked great with just regular ice water lol

1 Like

Ya there was no need for dry ice on recovery for my set up it recovered slower. I had 2 pumps per heat exchanger all ran from a 17cf freezer filled with water and two holes drilled in the lid for the garden hoses feom the pump. Worked like a champ

1 Like

Putting 4 on a mkc4 back in the day was fun… kinda

3 Likes

Bro, I did that same shit with chest freezer for the coils :metal::laughing:

2 Likes

Makes me want to go back to ntane but i never got good results using it.

1 Like

@AnonymousD and @Concentrated_humbold How cold does the water get when you run it in a freezer this way?

My 17 cf one would go for 8-12hrs a day for 4-5 days straight before id let it freeze solid again. It really helps to if you use a pump that isn’t submerged so you dont get the heat from it.