Can’t figure this out!

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong here. I can’t figure out this yield loss. I’m getting 6-8% on everything I’m doing even when it’s nice material. I’ve tried using less filter media. I’ve tried running warm and cold. I’ve tried running slow to make sure there’s no channeling. I’ve tried soaking the material. I’ve changed filters and changed how they were configured. I have a 1 pound closed loop with 3 inch by 48 inches jacketed material column. There’s a ball valve after the material column then a 3 inch x 8 inch CRC column then a 5 micron sintered disc. I’m using media bros CRX for filter media.

What is your solvent to trim ratio? How long are you soaking? How much media do you use per run?

1 Like

Soaking for 30 min and using 10:1 ratio sometimes more. Also using 120Gz of CRX which 150 is recommended. Only got 18 Gz of yield off 1 LB of biomass. I’m also using a N2 assist

Have you tried different media?
I had poor yield with media bro’s…
What about non crc run?

I’d do a test without filter media…at 10:1 you should be getting about all the material has to give IMHO… that same ratio gives me 30% for some clients and 10 for others…at that point I write it off as material dependant

Trying that now…thank you!

Gonna try W1 and then no media

1 Like

CRX seems to really affect yield. Switched to W1 with no issues now

2 Likes

That’s wild.

Didn’t affect my yeild when I ran it…

Weird.

10:1 with a 30 min soak and less than 200g per lb of media it’s most likely not tek it’s material. if you have anyone else who runs a cls around you have them run some of the same material and see how their yield is.

1 Like

I actually just posted about this in the crx/cry thread. ( Free Color Remediation Media Sample - #311 by Eeeugene)
Crx hits yields HARD. Be careful when using it…