Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong..

good point. I’ve got a totaled $15k dry scroll pump here that pulled “dry the magic dirt” duty for 18months or so before it tore itself apart. they don’t like chewing on diatoms or other grit at all!

3 Likes

I would have figured if any pump design could handle some grit it would be a diaphragm or a scroll pump. But thats certainly a bummer.

1 Like

@TUSLE what did you use for filter stack sleeve, i am trying to find a way to do this

I used a AC adjustable 90 degree duct that’s 6 inches, basically I made it straight and at the bottom where red lines are I cut and folded and added J.B Weld actually does a great job to keep water tight, so it’s resting on the clamp before reducer but I added a foam strip so it’s not metal to metal. it’s can come off I didn’t want it permanent. I also drilled and added a cheap harbor freight ball valve where red arrow is just to drain it easier also used J.B Weld to add ball valve! Here’s a picture of the Idea , I’m not at the Lab right now, I’ll post a picture of what mine looks like when I’m Back.

3 Likes

Fuck yeah

You can also get a fernco coupler for plumbing, its for going up or down a size in pvc. If tou using 4” columns get one that joins 4 and 6” There about 20 bucks

1 Like