can I use a rotary evaporator to produce distillate?

Yup and about 20 seconds after I flipped the atv and broke the handle bars.

I can easily find out :rofl:

1 Like

yes, you can distil in your rotovap. it may damage it getting it that hot.
just pull a super deep vac and add 3rd party heaters to crank it up to 200c. im not sure how you’ll enjoy the condensation experience.

1 Like

Put a gauge on it and take video please :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Should be interesting seeing a rotovap pull down below 100 micron

4 Likes

My first molecular still was a modified heidolph! I made awesome stuff in that. It was so firm, and for the time it was super special!! I ran hvac pumps in tandem to achieve the best level I could. No gauge, I could tell I was in the money when my collection ball would get this awesome vapor swirl going then came the awesomeness. I had some good times with that unit, then on to the kug! O the kug, loved that bitch! I kinda still wish I had one for rnd. It was easy clean up… memory’s…

3 Likes

The manufacturer said it could handle near space, so naturally I was inclined to find out.

Curiosity killed the cat and the rotovap could hit near space vac.

1/10 do not recommend.

@cyclopath

I need to find a suitable keg and I have everything else. Checkin Craigslist in a few.

4 Likes

We supply glassware for short path distillation, if you need pls contact me : Whatapp: +8617513873861
E-mail: sunnyren@kedainstrument.com. You can let me know your contact information, will give you a quotation

@BrotanicalMatt: did you ever collapse that keg… for science?

1 Like

@Photon_noir and i talked about this concept, while i think its possible, the system isnt designed for the temperature, mainly the control systems that the heat will transfer through. It also would just be like a meyers setup… there are better solutions. And safer ones

1 Like