Can I get away with not cleaning boiling flask in between 1st pass SPD runs?

I think I’ve read on here that people don’t always clean their boiling flasks in between first pass SPD runs. I’m considering going this route. Figure I’m leaving some THC behind in the flask after each run and maybe I can recover more if it this way? Are there degradation issues, or any reasons why I shouldn’t do this and instead clean the flask after each run? Anybody not clean their boiling flasks in between runs? How is it working for you?

Clean your glass
You can save all residues and tails for an additional run
But if I learned one thing every crude is diffrent and stinch can come from a speck

4 Likes

I’d clean it. The crap left in the flask certainly won’t do you any favors on your next run.

5 Likes

Just think about smoking out a glass piece that’s completely clean versus what be that has been used once or twice. You will savior the flavor.

1 Like

If youre doing a first pass again of the same material it won’t kill you. I used to do 3 quick first run passes in a day, and then only pull tails on my third run. Clean everything at the end of the day. Never run a final product run in dirty glass though. You want that thing as clean as possible.

1 Like

If ur plannin on doing the runs back to back go for it, but if ur waiting a day between id clean it out, at the very least u can get a second bf, so u can have ur seconr run loaded and ready and u can throw all ur tails in one bucket, run the tails thru a powder column or convert to d8 to get a good color and decent product.

3 Likes

Simple answer, NO. You’ll be building up the very tails in there over and over which creates a higher mixed boiling point in the fractions you’re looking for and less purity. Don’t do it.

2 Likes

Buy 2 flasks if you need to speed it up.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies everyone, will be cleaning in between runs. Thanks again!

1 Like

Just use a boiling flask to collect your first pass , all of it tails includes. Swap flask and clean while the next one is running

2 Likes