Can anyone tell me if this is a converted distillate?

I think you might have overpaid slightly but looks like you got a great deal

Yeah Iā€™d wager non converted, as a guy whoā€™s made plenty of both.

4 Likes

Yea i know everyone is telling me disti prices dropping like crazy now but for what i need its fine i appreciate your help

1 Like

Real, natural distillate is below 2k now?

It has been less for a while now

3 Likes

Only dealing with d9 conversions nowā€¦ our silly state accidentally legalized THC edibles despite no recreational program in place or planned. Funny shit. :laughing: We can make, possess, sell 90%+ d9 THC as long as it is derived from CBD grown/processed in the stateā€¦ but natural d9? THATā€™S ILLEGAL CAUSE THAT WOULD BE MARIJUANNA AND YOU ARE GOING TO JAIL! Ridiculous. But it is working great for our businessā€¦ kinda feel bad for the medical guys. They lost a huge sector of their market share this summer, and the eventual recreational market will probably struggle outside of flower.

I frankly think the conversion industry has gotten way out of hand. Way too many R&D cannabinoids that fall more under the academic side of things (IMO) that are being pumped out into retail products overnightā€¦ with little to no research on long-term effects (HHC and THCp come to mind)ā€¦ and no testing parameters to deal with all of the unique catalysts, chemicals, etc. used in making them.

I know a guy who took some THCp and blacked out, fell down, smacked his head, and was stoned for 24 h+. Yeah, no full agonists for meā€¦ just because you can doesnā€™t mean you should?

3 Likes

Id bet my 3rd ball this liter isnā€™t a conversion

Looks good

2 Likes

Mother Liquor refinement can be 100% naturally derived no conversion and be high in minors, be 85 plus % D9, and because itā€™s mother liquor you have a concentration of tiny amounts of D8 to the point where you have concentrates a concentrate and there is about 4% naturally derived D8 - itā€™s impossible to naturally separate D8 and D9 if you find a way to effectively and efficiently do it let me know we can be multi millionaires together. You can look at the chromatography and tell the difference fairly easily from converted.

I use a naturally hemp derived and non converted mother liquor concentration both in distillate and water soluble. Iā€™m paying more than conversions but the quality is great.

Only way to know is to test for residual conversion reagents down at ppt level. Olivetol and 5-heptylresocinol are a great giveaway too if you have at least ppb to ppt detection limits.

I wouldnā€™t pay attention to cannabinoid ratios anymore. Conversions have gotten much better since 2016.

5 Likes

Maybe your process is better than oursā€¦ but 85% d9 in mother liquor? I donā€™t believe that. At all. And I have measured dozens of folks mother liquor products. SRI GCs donā€™t lie.

What temps are you crashing your CBD distillate?

Well you donā€™t have to believe it but I have the chain of custody, the process, and all the lab results. We run GMP certified facility. Our paperwork is legit and verifiable.

Also it is not my process. The process belongs to a manufacturer in Texas. At this point Iā€™m pretty sure they are the only one we have come across with this level of success and ALL of their paperwork in order from ISO certification to GMP certification and state processor certification (from biomass to distillate). I buy my water soluble from the same folks and the soluble is made from the same. We have to be able to prove to the state that it is 100% naturally derived and not the result of conversion/isomerozation. We are licensed in NYS for manufacturing end products and we usually tend to buy our intermediate products rather than make them (I canā€™t make for what I can buy). We also have the same license for marijuana, although there still arenā€™t any dispensaries to sell finished products into.

Could the entire Chain of Custody and associated paperwork be fraudulent? Sure possibly, but not probable based on the paperwork and our occasional test looking for certain flags that conversions and solvents leave. We did our due diligence, but hey ya never really know unless your the one that did it right?

2 Likes

Iā€™m seeing it even below $1k. Metrc 90% product at $1k is sitting, if your price point is $600-$800 it can move but even thatā€™s not going at a speed like it used to.

3 Likes

I guess it is possibleā€¦ But I just canā€™t see straight mother liquor coming out as essentially high potency d9 distillate. There are too many other minor cannabinoids as well as other compounds in distillate that would make achieving those kinds of numbers impossible. I just canā€™t see the math. We use pretty cold temps for our isolation, but even then, there is always residual CBD in the MLā€¦

Now if they are doing chromatography? That is absolutely achievable, and I would guess that is their process.

1 Like

Itā€™s fractioned further with chromatography.

1 Like

:+1::metal::fist::hugs::sunglasses:

Where can go to get these the 700-1K liters need them :sob::sob: lol