C1d1 in Maine

Currently there is no requirement for caregivers to specify which types of products they sell to patients. Caregivers only report sale dollar amounts for sales tax.

That will change with seed to sale tracking. These are the companies that responded to the RFP.

• BioMauris
  • Bio-Tech Medical Software, Inc. dba BioTrackTHC
  • Dauntless, Inc.
  • GRM Information Management Services, Inc. / VisualVault
  • Metrc LLC
  • MJ Freeway LLC

Barring an appeal, OMP is hoping to complete its review and scoring of the proposals and have a provider under contract by next month. In accordance with 18-554 C.M.R. ch. 110, no further information will be available until a conditional contract award is announced.

Alex is the best and he is GLG

1 Like

AUGUSTA – Today, the Office of Marijuana Policy, a part of the Department of Administrative and Financial Services, announced the conditional award of a contract for marijuana track and trace services to Bio-Tech Medical Software, Inc. Once a contract is successfully negotiated, OMP will deploy BioTrackTHC, a cloud-based software product which uses barcode-based tags, to track the growth and distribution of marijuana and marijuana products throughout Maine.

The service, which is in use in eight other states and territories, will be utilized by both the existing Maine Medical Use of Marijuana Program and Maine’s future adult-use recreational program.

1 Like
1 Like

If only it were that easy. I just went thru the process in Adelanto CA. Hes right. Its expensive and exhausting

AUGUSTA – The Office of Marijuana Policy has scheduled a public hearing to gather input on the latest version of rulemaking that will govern the State of Maine’s adult use marijuana program. The hearing is the first opportunity for individuals to provide in-person testimony on OMP’s proposed rules.

The public hearing has been scheduled for Thursday, May 23, 2019 at the Holiday Inn by the Bay in Portland. The hearing will begin at 8:00am and conclude when interested members of the public complete their testimony. The physical address is 88 Spring St, Portland, ME 04101, and parking is available on-site and in neighboring garages and surface lots. Limited street parking is also available.

OMP is proposing to introduce a rule to establish a regulatory framework governing adult use, also known as recreational, marijuana in Maine. The Marijuana Legalization Act includes both mandatory and discretionary rulemaking concerning OMP and its umbrella organization, the Department of Administrative and Financial Services. Broadly, statute states that DAFS shall “adopt all rules necessary to implement, administer and enforce” the MLA. In addition, the statute specifies rulemaking in areas including, but not limited to, tracking marijuana plants and product, enforcement and compliance, health and safety data, labeling and packaging, and licensing and fees.

The proposed rule is available online and interested parties may submit feedbackthrough the DAFS website.

Industry stakeholders, other interested groups, and members of the public are encouraged to provide input on the draft rules either by attending the public hearing or providing written comment. Public comment will be accepted until 5:00pm EDT on Sunday, June 2, 2019. Comment may be submitted through the DAFS website or forwarded to Erik Gundersen, Office of Marijuana Policy, at 162 State House Station, Augusta, ME 04333-0162; 207-287-2671 (fax); or by email at erik.gundersen@maine.gov(Subject line: Rulemaking Comment).

1 Like

Ethanol is WORLDS cheaper then both c02 and butane at scale. There’s a reason every major pilot plant scale CBD processor is using ethanol. I’d be happy to work with you on consults out there. Just finished one in Michigan. Would be happy to compare notes to prove it to. Had this argument 4 or 5 times now with consultant buddies and they all push ethanol systems now :ok_hand:

1 Like

Anyone going to the BioTrackTHC kickoff event on Monday in Augusta, Maine?

Free coffee!

1 Like

What a shit show. The COO of BioTrackTHC is giving a slideshow of screenshots. There is no reason for this to be a live event. It must be a contractual obligation.

2 Likes

Is the free coffee hot at least @blackie?

2 Likes

It is.

Lots of questions now. A little better.

I’m not sure I am going to renew my caregiver cards.

2 Likes

Nobody else has renewed that I know. It’s a circus!

3 Likes

https://www.biotrack.com/Maine-Manuals/

OMP sent out a press release this afternoon.

They say they did a demonstration of biotrack, but it wasn’t. It was a slideshow. They showed screenshots. Not a demo.

They gave out bad information about labeling that chewed up about 30 mins of QA time with questions and complaints.
——————————

AUGUSTA – Earlier today, the Maine Office of Marijuana Policy, a part of the Maine Department of Administrative and Financial Services, conducted a successful demonstration of BioTrackTHC at a track and trace kickoff event in Augusta. BioTrackTHC is a cloud-based software product which will use barcode-based tags and labels to track the growth and distribution of marijuana and marijuana products throughout Maine.

The use of a track and trace system is required by law in the Marijuana Legalization Act and the Maine Medical Use of Marijuana Act.

With nearly 400 confirmed registrants, the event served as the first opportunity for medical marijuana program registrants, potential adult use marijuana licensees, and interested stakeholders to become acquainted with the new software.

Questions were posed by attendees related to the use and cost of BioTrackTHC tags. Regrettably, incorrect information was disseminated during the kickoff event. The following information is provided by the Office of Marijuana Policy to offer clarification for interested stakeholders.

• Individual BioTrackTHC tags and labels will cost $0.25.
  • BioTrackTHC tags must accompany each immature and mature marijuana plant being cultivated by program registrants and licensees.
  • When plants are harvested into intermediate bulk lots, each batch or lot of marijuana product must be labeled with a BioTrackTHC label.
  • Individual products available for sale to consumers or patients must meet packaging and labeling requirements, in accordance with statute and rule, but will not require individual BioTrackTHC labels and their associated cost.

BioTrackTHC and the Office of Marijuana Policy apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

1 Like

Thanks for the info @blackie

The group that hired me, went with a prefab from Lifespring Microclimates in Auburn Maine. It v It is a nice unit

1 Like

BioTrack is perhaps my least favorite system I’ve had to learn.

1 Like

I agree with you on that. The state only requires a letter of intent if you plan on extracting your own material with Ethanol.

1 Like

:rofl: No1c1 Rule #1 of woods tek

2 Likes

I offer very inexpensive $49.99 No1C1 lab enclosure kits. 2 light fixtures. 2 switches, 2 outlets, and a Sure-Blow exhaust system. Its sure to blow and has 3 speeds for all your exhausting needs. Order today and get a free kit on me. Of course seperate shipping and handling for second kit. Order today!!

3 Likes